“Immaculately clean, nicely refurbed building. We'll stay here again.”
Review of Belvidere Hotel

Belvidere Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Belvidere
Belvidere Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belvidere
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Room was clean, bright, and very nicely appointed. Bathroom was fully tiled, immaculately clean, the plumbing fixtures new. The room temperature was comfortable in the August heat, the fan worked perfectly. Floors were like new, even though the hallway floors had the minor squeaks one might expect from a 180-year-old building. NO dirty, smelly carpets as in so many other hotels/motels! The complementary continental breakfast was very complete with a good variety of items, the perishables fresh, the parlor beautifully furnished. We were there for two consecutive nights. This is a very nice, quiet downtown Victorian hotel in a small town. Our only negative comment would be that the King bed was much too soft; nevertheless my wife and I managed to get a good 7-8 hours sleep both nights.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Larry H

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We rented two rooms while attending a family event. Know the area very well but did not ever have the occasion to know about the hotel. Rooms were simple but comfortable and well-appointed. Some trepidation from earlier reviews about the owner, but he could not have been more helpful and accomodating. Would stay there again and recommend it to anyone who needs a place to stay in Belvidere. The hotel serves a simple cold breakfast, which is adequate, but we really liked the ample breakfasts at Thisilldous down the street

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank tom18964
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My stay was pleasant and comfortable.
As it turned out, I new the owner when
he had a business in Somerville, NJ.
I was intending to make reservations
again but after reading the reviews
on this website, I changed my mind.
Yes, Sidney can be very rude and
arrogant--been that way forever!!
Forewarned is forearmed!!!!!!!
There is a beautiful Holiday Inn, Select
in Clinton, NJ which is not that far away
from Belvidere. That would be my choice!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank roadqueen36
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The owner is nasty, rude and unprofessional. But if you don't mind being treated like garbage to stay in an old redone hotel, then go ahead and stay here.
I reserved a block of rooms for guests for my wedding. At the time I reserved the rooms, I was told that my guests could check in early as along as they stated so at the time of reservation. When my guests were not allowed to do so, I called to express my concerns, the owner went off on a 20 minute tirade berating me, calling me a liar and referencing the check in times in european hotels. I explained to him that I had asked about this months ago, as my ceremony was starting at 3:30 most folks would need to get in before the 3:00 check in time. Sidney began yelling at me that it was my fault for picking that time for a wedding ceremony, that his help would quit if he pushed them to clean rooms faster, etc. I told him that if he had been honest with me from the beginning about early check-in I would've gone with another hotel and avoided all of this. He laughed at me and tolf me to have good luck with that, because there's not another hotel within 18 miles of here, as well as that if kept pushing my luck and he'd cancel all of my guests rooms.
I asked him to help me solve this problem as it was only 3 days before my wedding and I needed to ensure everyone would be provided for. He then told me to either let people get dressed in my room or have them come in a day earlier. He asked me what I wanted from him when I said customer service, He began screaming No! Told me I was abusing him, and that he'd cancel every room on me. And then hung up on me. Trust me, I would've stayed anywhere in the world but here at this point, but at this point my hands were tied and he would have charged me.
When I went to check in, Sidney was asleep on the couch in the waiting area. He was there with his mouth hanging open and I had to yell for several minutes to wake him up to check in. He never once apoligized or attempted to remedy the situation. He refused to turn on the air conditioning because it was too expensive. I had to make alternate arrangements for myself to get ready for my wedding as I know had to let my guests use my room.
On his way down the steps, my elderly father slipped and fell right in front of the door to the office where Sidney was sitting. Sidney got up and walked away and left him laying there.
The best part of all of this is the fact that there were 3 guests in the hotel the night before my wedding. 3 rooms were filled. So despite me booking 10 of his 30 rooms and bringing in a lot of revenue for him, he chose to act like an imbecile instead of trying to remedy a situation. Not exactly what you dream of dealing with 3 days before your wedding. The hotel is pretty, but I'd rather stay in a Days Inn any day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
17  Thank CyndiMakesScents
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel many times in 2006-2007while visiting a friend and had a very pleasant stay every time. I found the owners very nice, personable, and accommodating. The breakfast was really nice also! Thanks for the great customer service. I'm having out of town guests coming in for the holidays and we're sending them there also. :)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KR_Blairstown_NJ
Reviewed September 18, 2008

My husband and I stayed one night at the Belvidere Hotel, and overall we had a pleasant stay. Check-in was at 3 pm, and we were greeted by the Hotel's owner. He was a little strange, but he seemed helpful. We requested a king room, and when we got to the room we saw that the king bed was actually two twins put together. Knowing we needed a good night's sleep, we requested a queen room instead. The king was more expensive, but we did not get a refund for the difference. When the owner learned that we planned on hiking, he introduced us to another lodger who had knowledge of the area's hiking trails. The hotel was renovated in the last 2 years when it opened. The floors are all hardwood or laminate, so good for allergies. The rooms are well-equipped and all look modern and nice. Our room with the queen bed also had a mini fridge in addition to the standard TV and phone. The bathrooms are nice with tile flooring, tiled showers, and a large pedestal sink. The bathroom and the bedroom linens were both of high quality. The mattress wasn't as high of quality but it was fine. The common areas and rooms of the hotel were very clean, and I'm picky about cleanliness. In the morning, the owner provided pastries, toast, croissants, orange juice, and coffee for a light breakfast. Free WiFi was also available. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. My husband loved the hotel without reservation. I wasn't as big of a fan, but I wasn't displeased. There seemed to be a slight odor (maybe because it is an older building) in the rooms, and I didn't feel as comfortable in the room as I thought I would. It might have just been because of the age of the hotel, but it wasn't because the hotel was anything but clean and modern.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank yogatraveler
Reviewed April 1, 2008

This hotel is EXCELLENT. The renevotion gives it the ambiance of a B&B with all the benefits of a regular hotel. It fit's us well for coming and going freely. It has everything we could ask for in convenience, value and a great proprieter. We plan to stay there again and make it a hub for family activities.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AGatCorry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belvidere
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater

Been to Belvidere Hotel? Share your experiences!