Four Sisters Winery at Matarazzo Farms
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Belvidere
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the grounds and participate in wine-tasting at this picturesque winery that sits nestled in a scenic valley surrounded by rolling hills and fields.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Was there during the Apple Wine & Music Festival. Took my entire family down for $10 a piece ($5 for the kiddies) and we didn't get our money's worth! We took the kids for the apple picking and the wine cellar tour. We paid the extra fee to pick apples but the trees were in such horrible shape that there were no apples fit to be picked! THEN, I asked about the cellar tour & the lady said they were short staffed so they weren't going to be able to give tours. We bought our tickets two weeks in advance...they knew how many people were coming so they should have made sure they had people for the tours! They we so focused on making sure people bought wine that they didn't care about making it fun for everyone, even if we did all pay!

1  Thank RuthNCharles
"beaver creek"
in 26 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This was a tough one. To start, the wine list was confusing. There were way too many choices, organized in an unintelligible manner. Some wines on the list were not available, but they were on the list. Next, the wines that we tried were not good. The flavors were muddled with no special notes. Most, if not all, were way too sweet.

If I could make a recommendation, I would suggest cutting back on the number of wines and trying to build more flavor into the remaining.

I would not go back. It's not for the serious wine drinker.

1  Thank Zigmonster
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am I Red wine drinker, so thats what I wanted to taste. They were sold out of three of the 6 Reds, so then we tasted the sweet wines. These wines were not made out of grapes they were made with Cherries, Strawberries, Apples etc... I didn't care for them too much.
The grounds were very pretty and the tasting room was very nice.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went with my girl to the Father's Day Pig Roast. DISAPPOINTMENT We were up first for food. The "Tinny portion of meat that was put on my plate was pitiful. They even told my GF she couldn't have any more pig or chicken Meat. (Afraid of Running OUT? You sold tickets in advanced. TO boot.. Two of our party didn't come. SO wouldn't we be able to get another plate? Pig and chicken STONE COLD,tough (could you break it up it was pulled pork after all. The pig's coldness was like fresh out of the frig. Bean caned, Salad and Calsaw were Fresh. Music awesome but YOu couldn't hear what they were talking about. The mies needed to be turned up for speeches. Don't go for the wine tasting U barely got 1/3 of a shot glass the first time then it was a 1/4. YOU have to hunt the staff down to get glasses for water/ice tea. Staff was pleasant. ONLY ONE INDOOR TOLIET for men/women each One additional Port a potty. LONG Bathroom Lines. GROUNDS SPLEND.

1  Thank LavenderFemChi
See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Surprised my husband for Fathers Day.He told us it was his best Fathers Day ever.The band was very good, played a little bit of everything.The food was very tasty.We went back for seconds.The pig was soft and tender and the baked beans were delicious.Most of the wine is sweet but there were dry wines to suit everyones taste.Took a tour of the wine cellar which we found the tour very interesting.The whole day was a fun laid back atmosphere.The cake was tasty at the end of the day.We also enjoyed the wine tasting.Over all we really had a great time.We will definitely be back for Fathers Day next year and will be going to the apple and wine tasting in September and Octobers activities.The staff were very nice and pleasant.I give this place a thumbs up. The $30.00 for this event was worth it.