“Disappointed”

Four Sisters Winery at Matarazzo Farms
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Belvidere
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the grounds and participate in wine-tasting at this picturesque winery that sits nestled in a scenic valley surrounded by rolling hills and fields.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I took my husband there for the Father's Day Pig Roast, figured it would be something different.

We were both very disappointed! I love pork, could eat it for breakfast, not joking and I don't mean just bacon. It was pretty bad ... hmmmn, where do I start? The pork was tough and had no taste, what they called "chicken marsala" was not even close, they rationed the food by serving it to you and so we each were served 3, yes 3, tiny roasted potatoes. They offered "dessert", which was pretty pathetic. It looked like a piece of bread the regular food that was drizzled with a chocolate. Even the wine was bad! We left the pig roast only to find something else to eat. Ridiculous! I only gave it a one because the band was decent and it wasn't their fault.

2  Thank vacationersforlife

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Attended Fathers Day Pig Roast and it was a huge disappointment! At $30/person, the food was terrible. Really. The pork was tough and tasteless, the rest of the food: chicken, potatoes, beens, coleslaw and bread were mediocre at best. We love their wine and have been coming for a few years to buy it, but this was our first event there. Will never go back even for the wine. Trust all of the reviewers and just buy the wine, dont do any events as they are not worth what they are charging.

1  Thank Natalya P
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Four Sisters is very cute little winery with more of a country charm to it. We went on a snowy Saturday in March for an evening event, so we didn't get to experience the grounds or views. I took my husband and a few of our friends for the murder mystery event. We enjoyed the event, the hostess was very attentive, helpful, and made you feel comfortable. The the building where we had the dinner was cute but not very sophisticated. I felt it had a grandma's attic type charm in the decor. The wine was surprisingly sweet, myself and my party did not really care for the wine, most of the wines had a very sweet undertone to them, and I felt the description of the wines lead you to believe they were more full bodied and robust, the "reds" were almost a rose` or blush. Our general feeling was these wines were more dessert themed and would be good for a base wine for making Sangria. Over all we had a nice experience with a country charm but it was not "our cup of tea" or "glass of wine".

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I hosted my sister's bridal shower here and it was awesome!! The grounds are beautiful and the people I worked with were so friendly and accommodating! We had such a blast with our tasting party theme and signature "wedding themed" drinks. Everyone absolutely loved the wine bottle favors that Four Sisters helped us personalize with the wine of our choice from their menu. As part of the shower we did a tour and tasting and got to try so many different kinds of wine! It was truly an amazing experience! I would definitely go back to Four Sisters Winery and look forward to hosting another event there!

1  Thank MVP923
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My family and I have visited Four Sisters Winery on 6 separate occasions and have had a wonderful experience each time. It truly is a little gem in NJ - and we are happy to make the stop on our way to visit my in-laws who moved out that way 4 years ago. Not only is the wine-tasting enjoyable, the location is breathtaking - as it is situated in a valley with lots of wide open space around. I've actually got a photo of the winery in my office and my colleagues are always asking where it is because it is so beautiful. Each time we visited, the staff has greeted us with a warm welcome and has been eager to serve us. On this last visit, we purchased a case of varied wines to have on hand. In turn, I was happy to share a couple of bottles at our last office happy hour gathering for tapas and they were received well. Thank you so much, Four Sisters, for being a welcoming stop on our long drive (and a nice way to break the ice with the folks from the office). We plan to continue this stop for years to come.

2  Thank Lily S