“Family run at it's best”

The Inn At The Shore
Ranked #3 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Longford, Ireland
“Family run at it's best”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms have Whirlpool Tubs and fireplaces also wireless Internet access and a great breakfast.It has a lovely family run atmosphere.Tom and Rosemary do everything in their power to make your stay enjoyable.it's right on the shore so there is always something to do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New City, New York, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Tom and Rosemary are the best! Tom picked up the phone right away when I called for a reservation and called me right back when I left him a message to discuss details. Its a great inn, decorated like an old time inn and you feel right at home there. We had a great room - nice and cool - great A/C units in the room! Its located very close to the beach and the beach passes and the breakfast make it a very good value for the money. Tom and Rosemary are very engaging and they loved our daughter! They made us feel like it was home. Not surprisingly, they have a very friendly dog too! Its a quiet, relaxing vacation spot in Belmar. Don't be fooled by "The Jersey Shore" - this section of Belmar is filled with beautiful houses and is so quiet and relaxing. You won't be disappointed. Two blocks down on the beach is a nice place to eat too!

Room Tip: We had a jacuzzi unit that our daughter loved!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We left a message to make a reservation and received a quick call back. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly. Breakfast was good every day. The warmth of the inn made it pleasant throughout. The rooms were cozy and we got good value for our money.

There were many games, books and movies available. Tom and Rosemary's restaurant recommendations were on the mark, and the beach was close.

We've stayed at the Inn at the Shore before and look forward to returning.

Leigh Walker, Piscataway, NJ

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a tad late, as I stayed almost five weeks at the Inn last November, December and part of January. I wrote a review, but I guess I didn't hit the submit button correctly. I was assigned to work on Hurricane Sandy recovery with FEMA in Union Beach, and I couldn't find a place to stay, anywhere. In trolling the Internet, I somehow found the Inn at the Shore in Belmar, 26 miles away. God must have been watching out for me. We were working 12 hour days, and coming back at the end of the day to the Inn was like coming home. I didn't have your typical beach stay, as it was cold, I was working and you couldn't walk on the beach there for most of the time I was there, but I really came to love the Inn, and the Jersey shore. Rosemary and Tom are the best, they treated me like a family member, and even invited me to have Thanksgiving dinner with them and their lovely family. I was very spoiled, as I was often the only person staying at the Inn, but it wouldn't matter if the Inn was full or not, you would be treated the same. I have a wonderful photo of Corrie, their darling dog, in a Santa hat, that they gave me as I thought she was the cutest thing, and I keep it pinned up in my office to remind me of them. The place is spotless, the breakfast is great, Belmar and the surrounding towns are wonderful. Don't miss an opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

have stayed at the Inn many times because of the warm and welcoming atmosphere. I feel like home and Tom and Rose make you feel like they have known you for years. It's convenient, yet quiet location make it the perfect place to spend time away for a nice, relaxing vacation. I love the wrap around porch and Tom's homemade granola for breakfast! The best is the bowl of M & M's out for all to enjoy and satisfy that chocolate craving!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Over the years, we have been to the Inn at the Shore several times. It is by far, the best B & B expereince we have had. The Inn itself is a lovely Victorian house that has been well maintained and charmning in its decor. The location contributes immensely to the overall expereince since it is located in Belmar, just a few blocks from the boardwalk and ocean. There is so much to do in the area if you wish to be on the go, but also provides the guest with the opportunity to simply enjoy the Jersy shore in all its beauty. Sitting on the porch, strolling the boardwalk, shopping and just relaxing are tops on my list of things to do. There are also plenty of good restaurants nearby.

Although there are many other B & B's that might also fit this description, the one unique element to the Inn at the Shore are the proprietors, Tom & Rosemary Volker. Over the years, they have graciously welcomed us and always made us feel at home. My husband chose the Inn to have a surprise anniversay celebration for us there and it could not have been better. Tom and Rosemary made the weekend celebration such a memorable event, treating our family and friends like their own. We could not have asked for more. Since we live out of state, they were also so helpful in making arrangements for us such as catering dinner, etc. Our family still talks about how wonderful that particular weekend was.

We highly recommend a visit to the Inn at the Shore and regardless of what is on your agenda, know that you will enjoy it.

Room Tip: Noise has never been a problem in regards to roms. We've stayed in several different ones. Fort...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent a weekend in Belmar celebrating my father-in-law's birthday and stayed at the Inn at the Shore. It was a very welcoming place with a comfortable atmosphere. If you're looking for a polished hotel, look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a place where you are made to feel like you're part of the family, stay here!!! Tom and Rosemary are excellent hosts and take pride in their inn. It shows with the little touches and the friendly, warm welcome. The rooms may be small, but they're cozy and have a certain charm. Breakfast each morning is yummy and filling with a lot of variety to choose from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park
Tandem Bike Inn
Tandem Bike Inn
#2 of 7 in Belmar

Been to The Inn At The Shore? Share your experiences!