“A vegan place to eat, with a variety of dishes”
Review of Kaya's Kitchen

Kaya's Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 108 Restaurants in Belmar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Tried this vegan place here in town, and were pleasantly surprised. Food quality was great.a little pricey, for what you get. Excellent alternative for those looking to try the vegan diet.

1  Thank jpendejo

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had some free time while staying nearby for business, and wanted to find a nice restaurant to dine at after a stroll on the beach. I found this place using my iPhone "Where To?" app. I had a little trouble locating it, since it's one of several establishments in the same building on the block, and it's hard to see the name on the awning. It was well worth searching for. The menu was quite varied and flexible (tempeh, tofu or seitan?), the service was efficient and friendly, and my meal was excellent. It's such a joy, as a vegetarian, to be able to order ANYTHING on the menu, but after some pleasant indecision, I chose wings and the seitan steak dinner. The tempeh wings had a nice sauce but could've been a little crispier. The "steak" was delicious, with an excellent sauce, the vegetables were perfectly grilled and the mashed potatoes and gravy were light and flavorful. I'll be back in the area next week. Guess where I'll be dining?

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have only been able to eat at Kaya's Kitchen for lunch a few times, but this was the first time that I had been able to have dinner there. We had arrived a little before 5 p.m. on a Wednesday, so it was not crowded, and it was very clean. The staff members were very friendly, and our waitress had encouraged patrons to ask questions about the menu. It was such a relief not to be worried about the ingredients in the menu items, as I have just returned to a vegan lifestyle.

I had ordered the Rocky Mountain Stew with a choice of veggie nuggets (mock chicken nuggets) in the stew. The stew was not overly salty or greasy; however, the vegetables were not as tender as they should be in a stew. Other than that, the stew was still delicious. My mom had ordered the Happy Buddha with tofu, which she had enjoyed; this too, was also not overly salty or greasy, and it had just enough spice. However, again, the vegetables were not very tender. As for dessert at Kaya’s, my mom had a cookies and cream cupcake and I had the Coconut Dream cake, which had both come from the vegan and gluten-free Papa Ganache bakery in Matawan. Both desserts were not stale and equally delicious.

Overall, although dinner was much more expensive than the lunch specials, there were generous portions that allowed us to have enough for leftovers. And for the next time, we will specify that the vegetables be cooked much more tender; other than that, we will definitely return.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Laid back; healthy food; well prepared; entertainment on some evenings. A good place to go with family.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

In my quest for vegan friendly cuisine, I found Kaya's kitchen while kickin' back on a beach trip. Amazing menu with everything from Indian inspired to Mexican to veggie burgers. They use a lot of seitan, tofu and tempeh, but if you are not interested, meals can be simply made with vegetables and amazing sauces. The atmosphere is entirely zen and the service is quick and polite. We ordered grilled peanut sauced seitan for an app. It was traditionally delicious. For entrees we both got rice dishes. Mine was called buddist delight and was a combination of sweet potatoes and vegetables in a curry sauce. His was a lentil loaf with vegetables in a gravy. The food is healthy and you leave more than satisfied. A - PLUS!