“Great food, lousy service”
Review of Kaya's Kitchen

Kaya's Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 105 Restaurants in Belmar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“Great food, lousy service”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I love Kaya's. I have been going since they were in the old spot. Food is always consistent and excellent. The service has been good on some days, fair on others and the worst today! It is usually either a hit or miss and today was an absolute miss!
I sat down first with my daughter, my girlfriend arrived 5 minutes later and she did not even look at the menu when the server asked if we were ready to order! It just gets better...we were still working on our appetizer and our meals came out. I had to ask for our table to be cleared of small plates and all the other associated stuff while dining with my two year old. At one point, I was ready to track our server down because she was nowhere to be found.
PS. On a 100 degree day, the air was either not working properly or they had it turned down. We were melting in there. It felt like it was between 80-85. When I walked in, I distinctly remembered the last time I was in there on a hot day and how it also felt like 80-85....hmmm.
Please do something about your service, because you got the vegetarian/vegan food thing down!
Next time,I am getting take out.

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Bad Service, Poor Buffet Selection”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was really looking forward to eating here - I had read the menu and was really excited by what I saw! Unfortunately, the menu did not mention that on Sunday, there is only a buffet. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but the selection of food was very, very limited, and the trays kept running out. When the food ran out, it took forever for them to be refilled.

It was also impossible to get service - we were seated, but it took about ten minutes for us to get place settings. Server also never offered us drinks. The place was not very busy - there were two other tables eating besides ours.

For the price of the buffet - $23.00/ person, it was really a poor experience. I'm sad about that, too, because I was really looking forward to eating here! I wanted to love it, I really did, but service was so poor and food was so... difficult to find that I just can't see myself going back.

Don't go on a Sunday!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Trompetista89
South Jersey
“wow! This is how vegetarian should be done!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We ate at Kaya's last night and were pleasantly surprised by this place. It was very warm and welcoming. The servers were polite and friendly and seemed knowledgeable about the menu, (which is extensive). It really was a delight to have soo many vegan as well as vegetarian choices. My fiance and I are vegetarian and are pretty familiar with the usual selections at restaurants but were wowed by the taste and quality of these dishes. We shared a Kaya's salad with avocado, delicious and super fresh tasting with a great balsamic dressing. I had the Medeterranian sampler: hummus, eggplant dip, greens, and some of the best falafel I have ever eaten with warm pita. He had a Kaya's sampler... :)... delicious!!! buffalo style "chicken", "ribs", and "veggie bites" with dipping sauces and a great potato salad... very generous portions, great service and excellent quality food. Not expensive considering it is the Jersey Shore and as anyone knows... healthy food is always more expensive.. I can't wait to go back! The pizza looked fantastic !!!

• Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“Relieved to find excellent vegan food outside of NYC”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This place is cozy and hidden away. Large portions and too delicious. If you peruse their menu, you will agree that it difficult to make only one choice.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank CoolMommy_1
New Jersey
“The best tried and true vegetarian restaurant in central/south Jersey ... by far!"”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Kaya's Kitchen has been around for many, many years ... and I have been a patron from the beginning. The vegetarian menu is varied and has something for every taste. If you want "fake meat" it's there and delicious. Try the "ribs". Amazing. The numerous NON fake meat options are great also. The chef is inventive, the staff is courteous, it's clean, neat and comfortable. BYOB. Specials are usually offered on weekends. It's a few blocks from the ocean in the heart of downtown Belmar -- which is fun to stroll around after a meal.

• Visited October 2011