“wow! This is how vegetarian should be done!!”
Review of Kaya's Kitchen

Kaya's Kitchen
Ranked #16 of 108 Restaurants in Belmar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We ate at Kaya's last night and were pleasantly surprised by this place. It was very warm and welcoming. The servers were polite and friendly and seemed knowledgeable about the menu, (which is extensive). It really was a delight to have soo many vegan as well as vegetarian choices. My fiance and I are vegetarian and are pretty familiar with the usual selections at restaurants but were wowed by the taste and quality of these dishes. We shared a Kaya's salad with avocado, delicious and super fresh tasting with a great balsamic dressing. I had the Medeterranian sampler: hummus, eggplant dip, greens, and some of the best falafel I have ever eaten with warm pita. He had a Kaya's sampler... :)... delicious!!! buffalo style "chicken", "ribs", and "veggie bites" with dipping sauces and a great potato salad... very generous portions, great service and excellent quality food. Not expensive considering it is the Jersey Shore and as anyone knows... healthy food is always more expensive.. I can't wait to go back! The pizza looked fantastic !!!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This place is cozy and hidden away. Large portions and too delicious. If you peruse their menu, you will agree that it difficult to make only one choice.

1  Thank CoolMommy_1
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Kaya's Kitchen has been around for many, many years ... and I have been a patron from the beginning. The vegetarian menu is varied and has something for every taste. If you want "fake meat" it's there and delicious. Try the "ribs". Amazing. The numerous NON fake meat options are great also. The chef is inventive, the staff is courteous, it's clean, neat and comfortable. BYOB. Specials are usually offered on weekends. It's a few blocks from the ocean in the heart of downtown Belmar -- which is fun to stroll around after a meal.

1  Thank 2-NJ-Zs
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I had been wanting to try out Kaya's for quite some time and finally had a chance to go. As a non-veg. I had reviewed the menu online and found many items I wanted to try (while not into tofu and vegan cheese, i love all veggies). The outside of the restaurant looks very polished while the inside was a bit more all over the place. This didn't bother me, just had to note it as you walk in--there is a change as they have a gazillion business cards and pamphlets as soon as you walk in the layout just doesn't match the exterior.
Service was just ok as the server/hostess seemed a bit overwhelmed and I had to constantly ask for everything. Food was very good! Happened to go during lunch time and unfort. they were out of several items. I just expected better service and more options.
I would def. go back and try at dinner---wanted to note that this restaurant is a great choice for we poor souls that have a shellfish allergy--there is obviously no fish here so there is no problems with cross contamination which is very rare for the shore!!!!

1  Thank chachibean
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a very good restaurant all the way around. They really know how to cook vegetarian food. If they were selling a cookbook of their recipes - we would definitely have bought one although this is something we never do. The service was excellent. I think this is the only time I can ever remember where the person who poured the water offered to check on our food and came back with an update. Also, we noticed that many children were eating in the restaurant which was interesting because often they opt out of vegetarian options. This says something about how good the food is. We would go back to this restaurant if we find ourselves in Belmar again.

2  Thank CorpSpy