“Very Good Lunch at Kaya's!”
Review of Kaya's Kitchen

Kaya's Kitchen
Ranked #16 of 108 Restaurants in Belmar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I had been wanting to try out Kaya's for quite some time and finally had a chance to go. As a non-veg. I had reviewed the menu online and found many items I wanted to try (while not into tofu and vegan cheese, i love all veggies). The outside of the restaurant looks very polished while the inside was a bit more all over the place. This didn't bother me, just had to note it as you walk in--there is a change as they have a gazillion business cards and pamphlets as soon as you walk in the layout just doesn't match the exterior.
Service was just ok as the server/hostess seemed a bit overwhelmed and I had to constantly ask for everything. Food was very good! Happened to go during lunch time and unfort. they were out of several items. I just expected better service and more options.
I would def. go back and try at dinner---wanted to note that this restaurant is a great choice for we poor souls that have a shellfish allergy--there is obviously no fish here so there is no problems with cross contamination which is very rare for the shore!!!!

1  Thank chachibean

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a very good restaurant all the way around. They really know how to cook vegetarian food. If they were selling a cookbook of their recipes - we would definitely have bought one although this is something we never do. The service was excellent. I think this is the only time I can ever remember where the person who poured the water offered to check on our food and came back with an update. Also, we noticed that many children were eating in the restaurant which was interesting because often they opt out of vegetarian options. This says something about how good the food is. We would go back to this restaurant if we find ourselves in Belmar again.

2  Thank CorpSpy
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We were here for the buffet and loved it. Vegan options in this area are quite limited and this was really a find! If it moved around the corner from my home I'd go all the time!

1  Thank travellerfromNYC_11
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The vegetables were fresh and plentiful but the sauces on the dishes my friend and I had were heavy and extremely sweet. They were tasty but that is what sugar does, satisfy most people"s sweet tooth. The dressing on the appetizer which was a kind of shitake mushroom burger was nice and spicy but the shitake burger itself was dry. If you are looking for delicate, interesting and healthful vegetarian fair you may want to continue the search. The wait staff was pretty inexperienced or just unconcerned with service. My advice is to find a good Indian or Thai restaurant with plenty of vegetarian dishes on the menu.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Kaya's was GREAT. Efficient service and large vegan meals for a very affordable price. There is something for EVERYONE on this menu, as it is very family friendly and delicious!!!!

1  Thank steph_young_2