“Excellent Sandwiches”

Ma's Italian
Ranked #21 of 108 Restaurants in Belmar
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This store had been a bodega type Italian storefront before and I had never ventured in. Recently, I was heading to Main Street for a some lunch and decided to finally enter. Once inside I realized this was a new Italian shop, new owner. They used to have a place north but decided to open up closer to where they lived. I got a regular #1-type sub (ham, salami, provolone.) That's a good test for any new sandwich shop. If they can't get that right, they aren't going to last long. The sandwich was awesome. Fresh bread -- your choice seeds or no seeds. Nice amount of cold cuts, fresh veggies, etc. Couldn't be better. And the size of the sandwich is huge. It's close to a whole sub for the same price you'd pay for a half at another local shop. Very tasty. Very friendly, fast service. Boylan sodas in stock is another plus. I've been here maybe another five times and every time it's been just as good as the first. I need to start experimenting with the rest of the menu. I did try "The Rosie" which is fried eggplant, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, basil & vinaigrette. That was awesome as well. The also have typical Italian dinners (lasagne, etc) and a small selection of Italian delicacies. Give it a try, I think you'll enjoy it.

2  Thank Steve H