“Rainy day escape”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Welcome to Klein's! Come & experience Klein’s Fish Market, Waterside Cafe, Grill Room, Sushi Bar & Tiki Bar conveniently located at River Road & Main Street on the Scenic Shark River in Belmar, New Jersey. Our family friendly atmosphere offers indoor and outdoor dining options. For 88 years, we’ve been providing the finest and freshest seafood from all over the world. There is something for everyone at Klein’s with our vast selection of fresh seafood, sushi bar and pasta dishes. At Klein's, you will find a relaxing ambiance with all your favorite cocktails after a fun-filled day at the shore!
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our apt was being rewired due to hurricane Sandy last year. We needed to be out of it for 6 hours. I had asked a friend who lives in Belmar N.J. where to eat lunch. He suggested Kein's. Belmar is a beautiful town I had visited only once before to attend a wedding. I hoped to explore the town before lunch. The weather turned nasty so we couldn't eat outside on the deck.We headed inside to the spacious room and sat at a table near the river. We were the only ones there due to the weather and being early. Our young cheerful waitress arrived very quickly and took our order of clam chowder and shrimp salad.The chowder was thick, rich, and delicious. The shrimp salad was plated with really good slaw , lettuce, celery sticks and carrot sticks. It was a good size portion of shrimp. We left with a smile!

1  Thank ganzania
There are newer reviews for Kleins Fish Market & Waterside Cafe

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I went there around July 2013 after going to the beach. I was so excited to order the grilled snapper. We waited forever for our food and as our food arrived my snapper was so bland and was grilled only one side. The other side looked it was just steamed. We odered some appetizers ( oysters and steamed clams) those were okay. Honestly, for the price it is definitely not worth it. I was so tired we just walked out and went home. Very disappointing!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were here for dinner and we can't wait to go back. I had a dozen raw littlenecks that were so, so good and a 1 1/2 lb. lobster. The lobster meat was sweet and moist and was probably one of the best lobsters I've ever had! My husband had broiled scallops and he, too, thought they were among the best he's ever eaten. We got there around 5:15 p.m. on a Thursday night and were seated right away. Given the quality of the fish, I don't think the prices are outrageously high and, in some cases, are less than other seafood restaurants. Simply put, the food here is outstanding!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Eat at Klein's! Great as usual, the freshest food, courteous service and a great view. You can watch them clean your fish before they cook it....that's how fresh! Always a good time at Klein's!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

There were 4 of us for dinner on a Saturday night. We were sitting in a room that had parents with toddlers who were screaming and due to the acoustics of the room we could barely hear each other talk. Outside the sun would be your eyes and because of the heat we decided to bear the loud toddlers next to us.
Our waitress was very rude. She changed our order and then did not admit she made the mistake.
The fish platter (almost $30) was so small the person in our party left starving.