“Very good”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Dolce Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Belmar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Ave.
Description: La Dolce Vita is family owned and operated by two generations both ZIO (uncle) Giuseppe Salpietro and Nipote (nephew) Nicola Fuccilli Invite you to experience their passion for Italian cuisine and culture. The story of La Dolce Vita began five decades ago in a small town in the hills of Sicily. It is from here that co-owner Giuseppe Salpietro brings authentic cuisine, traditions and customs, which come from centuries of good living. La Dolce Vita believes in bringing this passion for Dolce Vita, translates to mean the sweet life, into every dish that leaves our kitchen. It is our goal to make every customer feel like part of our very own family. We at La Dolce Vita believe in family and invite you and your family in to our Restaurant to experience a variety of fantastic taste to please every palate.
Long Island, NY
“Very good”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

On the recommendation of our B&B owners, Joyce and Marty, we went here, and were not disappointed! The service was very good and attentive, the food was very good, and its location on the main street across from the beach added to the vacation ambiance. Great!

Visited August 2012

Allentown, New Jersey
“Splendid”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The location alone is enough reason to dine here: corner of 4th and Ocean with beach and ocean view. Add to the experience great food and service and I'd give this establishment 2 thumbs up. My husband and I ordered the same dinner: sapore di mare- wow! Ingredients: mussels, Shrimp, tiny clams, scallops served over homemade linguine. My husband preferred rigatoni instead of linguine and that was no problem. Rigatoni also homemade. Husband declared it the best meal he had all summer! (and that says a lot since he eats out in NYC quite often). Unfortunatey, he did not like the blue point oyster appetizers. Not easy to get seating since it is Labor Day weekend, but we managed to get a table outside under the canopy. We could have eaten at the bar, but husband declined. We moved to a table on the sidewalk, which would have been great if not so windy. Good wine by the glass selection: I had Santa Margarita Pinot grigio. Really a perfect dining experience-will definitely go back again!!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Alys B
New York City, New York
“Watch out for the espresso, but one strong Martini”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I used to live in Italy, so I'm picky about my genuine Italian food. However, I can still appreciate yummy Italian flavors adapted to the American beach culture. La Dolce Vita hits the spot. Nothing is spectacular, but it's all delicious after a long day traveling to Belmar and you want a casual spot to sit and sip some decent wine. The Caprese was fresh and well-seasoned. Mussels were hit or miss -- some perfect, other chewy -- and the gnocchi was vastly improved when we added full scoops of red pepper flakes. But they make one strong dirty martini and have Mionetto prosecco on the wine list. Just beware of a post-dinner coffee -- my doppio espresso turned out to be a watery Americano.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank StephCain
“Enjoy the Sweet Life on the Jersey Shore”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

La Dolce Vita in Belmar has a beautiful European setting, with the beach across the street. It reminds me beachfront restaurants in France,Italy or Rio.
Whenever I want to get out of conservative Bergen County New Jersy, we go to this restaurant.
The food is excellent.service is good and
Pleasant. Prices are reasonable. Street parking is tight in the Summer, otherwise we had plenty of parking other times.
There are 3 seating areas: Sidewalk tasked with umbrellas weather permitting.
Covered outdoor bright area all 4 seasons and plenty of indoor formal seating.
Open year round. I am going there for my Birthday. I can't wait.

london
“OK but no more than OK”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good food. Wait for table we had reserved. Disinterested waiter. Tables very close together so as people on other table got out knocked into ours.

Visited August 2012