“Another fabulous stay at the Saltwater Inn!!!!”
Review of Saltwater Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmar
Saltwater Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I can't say enough great things about the Saltwater Inn and its wonderful Inn Keepers, Joyce and Marty. We just finished a six night stay there. The food was fantastic and they were very accommodating on the timing of meals to suit our needs. The room was I immaculate and so very comfortable. Just a short walk to restaurants and the beach makes the Saltwater Inn and ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Saltwater Inn

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family and I just got home from our third visit to The Saltwater Inn, it was a great week. Marty & Joyce just had their first anniversary of The Salt Water Inn being open and everything was just as good as it was a year ago when they first opened. Marty and Joyce are very friendly and put a %100 into everything they do. They also are very kid friendly and treat my children very well. I read the review from StockTrader48 wrote and his issues with the outlets and internet. I found that the internet was fine and and we had enough outlets to charge everything. They run and B&B, we go there to relax not have an office away from home. If I needed the temperature changed Marty was more than happy to handle it. Every morning I looked forward to breakfast, it was a real treat. Joyce is an excellent cook and was willing to accommodate my children and what they wanted for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A Porsche sports car is a beautiful machine; but not if your main use is carrying packages.
We went to Belmar for family business, not to take in the beach. My wife is a lawyer and had legal affairs to address via our laptop. Some rooms have little to no electric outlets, others have plenty. Our main point here is; "what is the guest seeking"? In our case, we were not seeking charm, we were seeking a very well kept, super clean, and practical space. We found the space very charming, and the inn-keepers wonderful and charming as well. But on the practical side; breakfast time is not via a "range of time", it set at a specific time by the inn-keepers. As such, we were only able to enjoy their great food 2 of our 4 days. Internet service was sporadic, no desk or workspace, limited elec outlets in our initial room (we needed to plug in cell phone chargers, laptops, etc). Overall we feel it was only an OK value, not a good or great value. The rooms should have been priced about 30% less. If you are at the time of life when your body temperature changes frequently and you need to adjust a/c and heat frequently; watch out, you're in trouble!
Pros: close to beach, great inn-keepers, clean and charming. Cons: not a "practical" space. Charming yes. Practical no. Showers very tiny. Staircases and common spaces are also tiny.
Would we stay again? Depends on our purpose for being in Belmar. Going back to our opening line; a Porsche is a super car, but not so if you're car-pooling kids.

Room Tip: Think about your needs in advance and ask a lot of questions. If controlling the room temperature is...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TelePicker
Joyce R, Owner at Saltwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Why someone who places no value on the beach no value on charm and ambiance would choose to reserve a suite at Saltwater Inn is like someone shopping for a Porsche who places no value on performance, speed and exotic looks. Upon his arrival this guest angrily stated I'm not here for the charm and ambiance. I'm here for practical reasons. Wow! I thought to myself why did he book here and not at the Days Inn on the highway. We have no internet issues here and we stream music that has never been dropped. The room he was in has three electrical outlets then I had to move him to a room with six. The Days Inn on the highway probably has a desk and if you are looking to set up an office in your room Saltwater Inn is not the place for you. The showers have high end frameless glass doors 36x36 which are not large but by no means tiny. Our common areas also are not tiny (see pictures on our website). Now let's address our gourmet breakfast. When we have only one room at the Inn occupied we ask the guest if the time we suggest for breakfast is alright with them. When we have multiple guests breakfast is served between 8 and 9am. Two of the days this guest had breakfast at 8:30. One day he asked for breakfast at 8:00 we gladly had breakfast ready at 8 and at 9:00 am he still never came down. After 9 we through his gourmet breakfast in the trash. The second time this guest missed breakfast was when he checked out at 7:30 am with no notice to us (which is fine) and complains he only had breakfast two of the four days he stayed. A final note on the room temperature. I told this guest since it is mid May sometimes you need heat other times A/C. He told me he doesn't know how to adjust a central A/C and heating system. I told him if he is uncomfortable in any way let me know. He never did and now complains on his review. We are so blessed that we have wonderful guests at Saltwater Inn that appreciate what we have created "a boutique hotel experience" at the Jersey Shore. We are thankful for them.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I surprised my sweety with a spontaneous weekend getaway and the Saltwater Inn was the perfect place to do it. These reviews helped me select the place, but it was the Inn itself and owners that will make us return again. Marty happily greeted us Friday night even though we were "late" because of traffic. Rooms are so clean and well decorated that it makes me want to re-do my bathroom at home!!! Marty also suggested an AWESOME place for dinner - Tulipano's - a BYOB Italian restaurant that was sooooo good we went back the next day for lunch- brick oven pizza was the best we've had (we created our own toppings: fried eggplant, hot peppers and ricotta cheese - OMG!)! They even have a wine menu so you can have it delivered!

The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to leave! The room was so clean! Next morning on the porch Joyce warmly greeted us with coffee and homemade macaroons - YUMMY - and she was nice enough to email me the recipe! Breakfast was scrumptous, we felt like a King and Queen at their beautiful dining room table. You feel rich but yet relaxed - very nice combo. One block from the beach we took a nice long walk. They are in a good location. We had even walked to the restaurant as it was only a few blocks.

Overall this was an excellent choice and I would highly recommend staying here! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Loved the big bathroom in the Ocean Voyage room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband had a wonderful stay at the Saltwater Inn. This is our favorite type of inn...old world charm and modern amenities. The rooms were pristine, with an elegant simplicity. The breakfast was outstanding and the owners, Marty and Joyce were delightful. We look forward to returning in warmer weather when we can enjoy breakfast on the wrap around porch!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Joyce and Marty are very welcoming and are a wealth of knowledge about what to do in the area. Their Inn is beautiful and the rooms are very nice and clean. I was there for a girls getaway and we had a great time. They even went above their call of duty with a package that I needed to ship. This is a great place. Don't hesitate.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a wonderful time. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, with great mattresses and pillows. They offer an amazing gourmet breakfast in the morning. I am planning to return to this B&B very soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Mayfair Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Doolan's
Doolan's
#6 of 7 in Spring Lake

Been to Saltwater Inn? Share your experiences!