“Saltwater Inn”
Review of Saltwater Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmar
Saltwater Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Cranford, New Jersey
“Saltwater Inn”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Saltwater Inn in Belmar. The Inn had every amenity you could ask for, yet it possessed the old world charm of a B&B. It is tastefully decorated with attention to detail. Marty and Joyce were warm, wonderful and caring hosts. Joyce is a wonderful cook! We would highly recommend The Saltwater Inn. Donna and Joe

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The experience my boyfriend and I had was nothing but a 10! By far the best B&B we have ever stayed at (and we've stayed at alot). The owners Marty and Joyce were extreamly helpful,friendly and accomidating. Anything we needed they were there 100%, anytime of day. The rooms had modern accomidations, everything was super clean, and overall decor was beautiful. The beds were comfy, and the overall stay was relaxing. I've never felt so at home without being at home. The breakfast itself was like artwork on a plate. Homemade food that was so good even after your stuffed and full, it leaves you craving more. It's located only 2 blocks from the beach. If you want a nice, relaxing, clean oasis B&B in Belmar with 5 star service, Saltwater Inn is your place! I know it's ours :)

• Stayed February 2013
Howell, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We came to the Saltwater Inn to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Our friendly hosts offered us ginger flavored water and we sat in their warm, beautifully decorated inn and discussed local restaurants. We already had our hearts set on our favorite Thai restaurant in Bradley, called bamboo leaf. After dinner, we took some of the chocolate hazelnut cupcakes Joyce made up to our room. Breakfast was grilled baby peppers, an herbed quiche topped with crisp bacon, banana bread with cream cheese topping and sliced cantaloupe. We sat with the sun streaming through the windows as we chatted with another guest who was from Switzerland. Thank you for the rest and hospitality!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Smithtown, N.Y.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am so happy to have come across this "Gem" at the shore! I needed a place to stay for an evening as I was attending a party in Belmar on December 30th. I didn't want to drive back to New York that night and after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I booked a room at the Saltwater Inn. I arrived and was greeted so warmly by Marty and Joyce (and some delicious home baked cookies too!). They are so nice and fun to talk with. The Inn is gorgeous. They have such wonderful taste and it is decorated so beautifully. My room was perfect !! Very comfy temperpedic bed and linens. Each room has its own new bathroom with rainfall shower heads and even robes. Very nice touches throughout the whole place. Joyce's breakfast was amazing. Short walk to the beach and to the Main Street. I can't say enough great things about Saltwater Inn, You won't be disappointed if you stay at this bed and breakfast in Belmar. i will definetely be back! I even received a parting gift as I left...."salt water taffy" JUST PERFECT!!

Room Tip: I was able to tour the Inn and saw many of the rooms available. They are all so nice!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Haddonfield
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a great stay at the Saltwater Inn; Joyce and Marty were friendly and accomodating. The room and breakfast were both outstanding! The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large with stylish, upgraded fixtures. The Inn is situated close to the center of town with both fine and casual dining.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We loved our experience - the bed was super comfy and the breakfast was delightful. Marty and Joyce were gracious and accommodating in every way. Marty made a dinner reservation for us and talked with us about Hurricane Sandy's affect on the Belmar area. The price was right and the room we stayed in was perfect. The shower was perfectly hot and roomy and the toiletries were complimentary and fancy. We loved the lights and the music in the entryway - it was very peaceful. I read my book on a comfy leather coach. The neighborhood is very safe and quiet. It is a short 7-10 walk to a few restaurants and shops. The town was friendly and we will consider revisiting next time we are in the area.
David and Debra from Wisconsin

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joyce R, Owner at Saltwater Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thanks for the excellent review.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The room was good, missing bedside tables which was an annoyance.
The food was EXCELLENT. Great breakfast all days we were there.
Location was great, walking distance to the beach and good spots for dinner.
I must have missed the mentions of God on the website which were quite prevelant at the inn (this includes a quote from God on the wall of our room.) Personally, I think a more secular approach would attract a wider range of customers. I probably wouldn't go back because of it, it made me and my spouse uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank remface
Joyce R, Owner at Saltwater Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your candid review. We did have one or two bedrooms without an end table (Joyce is very picky and was looking for the perfect one). I'm not sure how long ago you were here but now all rooms do have an end table. We do have encouraging sayings such as "Love Never Fails" and "All Things Are Possible" at the Inn. I could be wrong but I would think you would have to be a die hard atheist to be offended by these positive sayings. The only comments we have ever received about these sayings have been positive. We have personally been encouraged by these sayings and we believe they will also encourage others. We do agree with you that our location is Great. I am a bit confused on why you state how our location is "Great" yet you rated it only "very good" and not "excellent" on Tripadvisor.
Respectfully,
Marty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 7 in Belmar
Tandem Bike Inn
Tandem Bike Inn
#2 of 7 in Belmar

Been to Saltwater Inn? Share your experiences!