“Relaxed and Rejuvenated”
Review of Saltwater Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmar
Saltwater Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Relaxed and Rejuvenated”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I just returned from my stay at the Saltwater Inn in Belmar, and have to say I’m wishing I was back there now. The Inn is absolutely beautiful. The Inn keepers Marty and Joyce make you feel so at ease and at home. They cater to your every need, from the gourmet breakfast in the morning to the refreshing drinks on the porch in the evening my every desire was taken care of. They were able to recommend great restaurants and fun things to do. The location of the Inn is great. It is just a short block from the beach, and a 5 minute walk to Main Street, where many great restaurants were available. I’m not sure what I miss most, my luxurious bed, beautiful and refreshing shower or the relaxing melodic tunes echoed through the Inn. Between the delightful swing in my room and the porch rockers, it was hard to keep my eyes open. I was the most relaxed I’ve been in a long time. Can’t wait to get back there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We just returned from a family trip to Belmar, where we stayed at the Saltwater Inn. It is truly a Class-A place to stay, and we recommend it wholeheartedly. Joyce and Marty are warm and welcoming, their attentiveness is just plain perfect, and the place itself is as beautiful to look at as it is to live in (if only for a night or two, alas!). I won't start in on the cooking, because I might not ever stop - it was excellent, and I wish I could have breakfast there again today...and tomorrow...
Bottom line - if you're looking for a beautiful, comfortable, quiet, well-run inn near a shore that meets that same description - this is IT.

Room Tip: ANY room is excellent - and if you've got a young family, the Suite is perfect!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stony Point, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I planned a last minute trip down to the shore for the weekend. I have been down to Belmar previously, but I wanted to be sure that the place chosen was clean and close to the beach itself. Only two blocks off the beach, the inn is quaint, very very very clean (everything is updated), and a lovely experience. The innkeepers, Marty and Joyce, are both very welcoming, kind, and offer plenty of information about what to do in the Belmar area. The surprise breakfast was delicious and the other people that stayed were very kind as well. Marty and Joyce care about the experience visitors have and accommodate your every wish. Be sure to stay here if you want an enjoyable trip!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I just returned from a weekend at the beach with my husband, our 4-year old son, and some of my in-laws--in total we had 6 adults and 3 kids. We found the Saltwater Inn online, and they could accommodate our whole party. They exceeded every expectation. The owners are warm and welcoming. They are also great cooks! Breakfast each morning was different from the morning before, and delicious. The Inn itself seems newly renovated, and the decor is really charming. We had a lovely time sitting on their porch, drinking water with fresh mint and orange slices, and eating Joyce's organic fruit pops. (A favorite with the kids.) The Inn is an easy walk from both the beach and the downtown area, so it's easy to get to range of different restaurants for dinner. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I could not say enough great things about Saltwater Inn and the friendly couple that runs the place. My experience was wonderful from start to finish. I felt welcomed, comfortable, relaxed, and well cared for. Joyce and Marty, the owners, recently bought the place and they did an excellent job on the renovations, remodel, furnishing, and decorating. The place is adorable!

Location: It's a GREAT location with a short walk to town, the train station, and the beach. There are a few great restaurants nearby. You can easily take the train in and walk where you need to go, or park your car and don't worry about using it all weekend. It's located in a quiet, cute, and clean neighborhood. There's a nice front porch that's great for hanging out and relaxing, or enjoying breakfast.

Rooms: Everything in the rooms was clean and new, and the decor was cute. The beds were very comfortable and I slept very well.

Food: Joyce did an AMAZING job with breakfast. Everything was fresh, delicious, and she accommodated dietary restrictions. Marty actually drives around to different markets to find the best produce for the guests and it shows! I was really happy with the food. You get to just relax on the porch or in the dining hall and they serve you great food.

I hope to be back again sometime!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to go down to Belmar for the weekend and I came across Saltwater Inn. I've never been to a B&B but this place was absolutely incredible. It's very clean and incredibly comfortable, a very cute place. Breakfast was great. Marty and his wife, the innkeepers, are very kind and hospitable people. They did a wonderful job at making sure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. It's the perfect place for a nice getaway.

• Stayed June 2012
Wyckoff, NJ
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Last weekend I ran away to the Saltwater Inn with some friends and already we can't wait to return. Joyce and Marty made us feel like family, the rooms were immaculate, the breakfast delicious and the ocean just a few walking blocks away. I enjoyed just sitting in the rocking chair sharing stories with my friends and Marty and to top it off his dinner recommendations were perfect.
If you want to run away, be indulged and just relax the Saltwater Inn is your perfect retreat.

Joyce R, Owner at Saltwater Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Hi Donna,
Thanks for the great review. It was fun having you all at the Inn. It was nice getting to know you. I hope to see you back at the Inn with your son. FYI the Family Tides suite only has two weekends open for the rest of the summer. During the week we have more availability. If you wanted a weeekend please call me soon. Thank you again for being a great guest, Blessings Marty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#2 of 6 in Spring Lake
The Inn At The Shore
The Inn At The Shore
#3 of 7 in Belmar

Been to Saltwater Inn? Share your experiences!