“Great Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a great lunch here. Blackened catfish burrito with black beans and salsa. Quite a kick. The spicy cheesy dip was good but could have been a bit more spicy. My husbands margarita was quite strong and good, however his fish tacos were just OK. But over all a fun place to eat, drink and enjoy Greatful Dead tunes!!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

i only give this place an average because it was crowded and there was a wait, so somebody must like it. went to the bar while we waited for our table and the bartender, a girl, was either in a bad mood or just shouldn't be a bartender. she was unfriendly and acted like she was having the worst day of her life. we got margaritas and they were very bland. we were seated quickly inside. they didn't have any airconditioning?! Very warm. we ordered the chips with salsa special, which was good, my husband got a fish burrito and i got the fish tacos. both were bland, the fish had no seasoning. the burrito had salad in it and it was really more like a wrap. the white rice and black beans were completely unseasoned. portions were large. i just find this unusual for mexican food. what i found the most troubling was that the bar didn't really appear to be clean. i had a window seat and watched the staff clean the tables that are outside with a dirty cloth, over and over. our inside table had paper on it but the outside tables don't, so that was kinda gross. because there was no airconditioning, the staff was somewhat sweaty (damp t-shirts etc.), that was also kinda gross. other than the bartender, everyone else was nice, our waitress was nice and the kid inside cleaning tables and picking up plates was also very nice. there are just so many places to go out to eat in the area, i just can't figure out why anyone would go there.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We made reservations for an outdoor table for 11 people. The table was ready and we proceeded to order fantastic nachos - the best nacho chips I ever tasted. We also had pitchers of sangria which was delicious. I had the mahi burrito which was delicious, I also tried the lobster spicy mac and cheese which was also very good. Portion sizes were generous and our servers were very nice - taking time to really answer questions about the menu items.

The atmosphere is casual and my son enjoyed the B movie playing on the tv screen.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I think my title sums it up...chips are greasy, fried flour tortillas, which you have to pay for. Guac had no cilantro, and I really believe it was made with a mix. Enchiladas soggy on bottoms. Rice and beans were bland and unseasoned. Little side salad was loaded with a gross salad dressing. I have no idea what it even tasted like. I agree with reviewer who said margaritas had to much sweet and sour. They were horrible! Our waitress almost never came back. She wasn't even one who brought out food. So surprised this was featured on DDD. I would never recommend this restaurant. I wish I could find a plus. But we did not enjoy our food :(

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We came here on a Monday evening, pretty busy. We were seated within half an hour. Waitress was prompt in taking our order. I ordered the fish tacos on corn tortillas which the waitress said would be warmed on grill and my tacos came w/rice and black beans, both my husband and daughter ordered the burritos(chicken & tilapia). First of all, after our order was taken the waitress never came back, not until five minutes before our food came out to tell us that our meal will be out shortly, which we waited at LEAST half hour for 3 plates. In the meantime, everyone else that was seated after us were being served. Secondly, corn tortillas were COLD and hard, my daughters flour tortilla was also cold. The tacos were good if they were supposed to be vegetarian they were pretty loaded with everything else, I'm not sure if there was any fish in them. Forget about the (white rice) and beans, don't even bother. Me, my husband, 12 yr old daughter and 6yr old son all agreed that the beans and rice were absolutely flavorless. I've had black beans straight out of a can that tasted better than those. The food was not any different than a Taco Bell. I think Chipolte is way better than this place. Where were all the Mexican spices?? And what is it with these Mexican restaurants playing everything except spanish music?? No authenticity!! It's probably owned by someone that is not of Latin origin. The only reason we didn't complain was because we were starving. I was pretty surprised to find out that the were featured on Diners Drive Inns & Dives. No good.