“Love this place!”

10th Avenue Burrito
Ranked #11 of 105 Restaurants in Belmar
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Love this place!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We made reservations for an outdoor table for 11 people. The table was ready and we proceeded to order fantastic nachos - the best nacho chips I ever tasted. We also had pitchers of sangria which was delicious. I had the mahi burrito which was delicious, I also tried the lobster spicy mac and cheese which was also very good. Portion sizes were generous and our servers were very nice - taking time to really answer questions about the menu items.

The atmosphere is casual and my son enjoyed the B movie playing on the tv screen.

• Visited August 2013

“Bland food, poor service, horrible drinks!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I think my title sums it up...chips are greasy, fried flour tortillas, which you have to pay for. Guac had no cilantro, and I really believe it was made with a mix. Enchiladas soggy on bottoms. Rice and beans were bland and unseasoned. Little side salad was loaded with a gross salad dressing. I have no idea what it even tasted like. I agree with reviewer who said margaritas had to much sweet and sour. They were horrible! Our waitress almost never came back. She wasn't even one who brought out food. So surprised this was featured on DDD. I would never recommend this restaurant. I wish I could find a plus. But we did not enjoy our food :(

• Visited July 2013
“BLAND FOOD, FLAVORLESS, LACKS SPICES”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We came here on a Monday evening, pretty busy. We were seated within half an hour. Waitress was prompt in taking our order. I ordered the fish tacos on corn tortillas which the waitress said would be warmed on grill and my tacos came w/rice and black beans, both my husband and daughter ordered the burritos(chicken & tilapia). First of all, after our order was taken the waitress never came back, not until five minutes before our food came out to tell us that our meal will be out shortly, which we waited at LEAST half hour for 3 plates. In the meantime, everyone else that was seated after us were being served. Secondly, corn tortillas were COLD and hard, my daughters flour tortilla was also cold. The tacos were good if they were supposed to be vegetarian they were pretty loaded with everything else, I'm not sure if there was any fish in them. Forget about the (white rice) and beans, don't even bother. Me, my husband, 12 yr old daughter and 6yr old son all agreed that the beans and rice were absolutely flavorless. I've had black beans straight out of a can that tasted better than those. The food was not any different than a Taco Bell. I think Chipolte is way better than this place. Where were all the Mexican spices?? And what is it with these Mexican restaurants playing everything except spanish music?? No authenticity!! It's probably owned by someone that is not of Latin origin. The only reason we didn't complain was because we were starving. I was pretty surprised to find out that the were featured on Diners Drive Inns & Dives. No good.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
“Great food. Great service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We came upon the 10th avenue by chance with a large party from another country. The food and service was superb and refreshing, delivered by a youthful energetic staff. Bravo

• Visited July 2013
“Cool vibe, great burritos!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The nachos were excellent and the burritos are huge! Get one smothered for an extra flavor kick. The owner was on site and visited our table to make sure our food was good and we were taken care of. Very nice considering it was our first time visiting the restaurant. Worth the wait!

Visited July 2013