“Excellent getaway!”
Review of Tandem Bike Inn

Tandem Bike Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a beautiful, well kept B&B. Our hosts were absolutely perfect and seem to truly delight in welcoming and taking care of their guests. Located a few blocks from the Belmar train station, this lovely B&B is very close to many wonderful food options and is is a comfortable walk to the beach. This is a great place to escape to for a quiet, restful weekend.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anastazi

Reviewed May 13, 2013

had a wonderful stay here down the jersey shore, our hosts exceeded expectations in every way. Their house is beautiful inside and out, conveniently located, one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed, and just plain nice and welcoming. would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet pleasant getaway, they seem to have thought of everything. I'm looking for another excuse to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nick g
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Tandem Bike Inn is a treasure! Mike and Anne Marie were gracious, informative and made us feel completely welcomed to the inn. The whole inn has obviously been recently renovated, is wonderfully decorated, and was SPOTLESS! The breakfasts were delicious. Mike and Anne Marie were also able to answer all of our questions about Belmar and the New Jersey environs, and their dinner recommendations were "spot on". We'll be back to Belmar, that's for sure!

Room Tip: All the rooms have different beds (queen/king, etc.), some w/ pillow-top mattress, some without - le...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Some friends of ours planned a last minute stay in Belmar during July 4th of last year. My boyfriend and I did not want to stay at a dumpy motel, so I began searching for alternatives. I came across this little gem and we were very happy to have found it!

The room was clean and comfortable. The owners were so nice, and the location was perfect. We don't mind walking down to the beach (it's a few blocks away). It was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do. Also - the breakfast was delicious! We had a really wonderful time and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just got back from an Easter stay at the Tandem Bike Inn. Everything was perfection, from the Inn itself (service, rooms & amenities) to the great restaurant recommendations. We are looking forward to returning in summer to enjoy the beach & bike-riding. Thanks Mike and Anne Marie!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I have visited many B&Bs, and found Anne Marie and Mike to be the warmest, most genuinely gracious hosts. They somehow managed to be attentive to all our needs, and to give us lots of space and privacy at the same time (a real talent for balancing, in our experience). Anne Marie's food is great: breakfast made us happy all day long... right to the delicious homemade gluten-free brownies she baked up for tea (I hadn't even mentioned that I prefer gluten-free until that morning).... There were excellent chocolate chip cookies, for my husband, as well. Anne Marie has a gift for cooking, and you can taste and feel the care she puts into everything. She's willing to share her secrets, too. The place is beautifully decorated: contemporary, with soft colors on the walls, and lots of light. I recommend the Tandem Bike Inn to family and friends. We had a wonderful, rejuvenating weekend visit - even in January, it's a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We had a room with a fireplace and a Jacuzzi, and it was lovely. The bed was a big king, and very co...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After receiving the invitation to a friend's wedding in the mail, I came online to find myself somewhere to stay - as a carless New Yorker, I knew that the trip to Belmar via train would be convenient enough, but clocking in at over three hours travel time each way with a wedding at 11AM and the reception lasting until well past 7PM, I didn't want to kill myself by attempting to come down just for the day.

The "carless" bit meant I have to look for something close - fortunately, the church (and the beach!) were both near a handful of B&B's, and I decided to go with the Tandem Bike Inn both due to it's excellent reviews as well the prices involved. I honestly cannot think of a single thing that would've made my stay with Mike and Anne-Marie better. The Inn is about two blocks from the train station (and marina) on a gorgeous, quiet street. The beach is a short walk away (even when tired, sunburnt, and covered in sand), but you leave the noise and craziness there to arrive back with only the sound of crickets to lull you to sleep.

As someone who doesn't like being "fussed" over, I found Mike and Anne-Marie to be charming, friendly, utterly hospitable, but also not hovering or intrusive. When I mentioned that I was going out for ice cream, Mike was able to recommend a few places and give directions; they had everything you could possibly need for the beach, as well as silly (but incredibly helpful!) things, like checking if I needed an umbrella when I was headed to the church and the skies were looking a bit dark.

The rooms are gorgeous, well-appointed, and that bed was SO comfortable! I loved listening to the crickets at night, and the Jacuzzi tub was heaven-sent. And to top it off: the FOOD! Staying here is well-worth the price of admission simply to enjoy one of their breakfasts! Absolutely scrumptious!!

Friendly, clean, beautiful, well-thought-out, delicious, conveniently situated, and utterly perfect. I honestly cannot recommend this B&B enough!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor seem to cost less as they're up an extra flight of stairs, but I *lov...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BonnieJean206
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Hewitt Wellington
#4 of 7 in Spring Lake
Atlantic Inn & Suites
Atlantic Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Wall Township

Been to Tandem Bike Inn? Share your experiences!