“Outstanding”
Review of Tandem Bike Inn

Tandem Bike Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Mike and Anne Marie are the best hosts you could ever find. Their hospitality was warm and welcoming. They offered us coupons (groupons) for area restaurants, advised us where to go and asked if there was anything special we would like for our stay. The Inn is spectacularly clean, tastefully decorated, fitted with top-notch fixtures and so, so comfortable. I have not a single complaint (other than we didn't get to stay longer). I can't imagine that once the word gets around that I'll have an easy time of getting a room next time I'm visiting — but I will be back!
Thank you Anne Marie and Mike!

Room Tip: I doubt there would be a bad one. The room we were in was quiet, immaculate and extremely comfortabl...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoJi66
There are newer reviews for Tandem Bike Inn

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My best friend and I loved staying at the Tandem Bike Inn recently. After being welcomed by Mike and AnneMarie, we received a tour of the beautiful Inn. Everything about the place was beautiful and clean. Our room was very spacious and accommodating. One of my favorite things about staying here were the countless snacks, coffee, Nutella cookies, and delicious breakfast made by AnneMarie. We couldn't have asked for more gracious hosts and a more beautiful place than this Inn. We look forward to our visit next summer!!!! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ilona K
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Mike and Anne Marie have a beautiful and charming inn - with a seaside-themed decor, a cozy living room and comfortable, clean and well-kept rooms. Even more super are Mike and Ann Marie's thoughtful arrangements -- the delicious home cooked breakfasts, the cookies and juices for tea time or a late night snack, acess to their bikes (both tandem and singles), use of their beach tags/beach chairs/umbrellas etc, plus their recommendations on things to see/explore on the jersey shore....they told us about fireworks on the beach on a random July Friday night that we might've missed otherwise.
One constructive feedback/suggestion - maybe it was just in our room but the bed was too soft, maybe consider a new mattress?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RominaWahab
mehayes19, Owner at Tandem Bike Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review. At the Tandem Bike Inn all of our beds and mattresses are brand new. We offer firm mattresses and pillow-top mattresses. We apologize if we did not make this clear. In the future please let us know if you require a firm mattress and we will be more than happy to accommodate. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Visited for two nights this past weekend. Was down for high school multi-class reunion. Inn was recommended by a classmate who stayed here last year, the Inn's first year, and we found it delightful. From the moment of arrival we were welcomed, engaged and really taken care of. Both breakfasts were delicious. The rooms and common areas are comfortable. i can't recommend TBI more highly.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slowhand54
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed for two nights this past June and had an excellent time. Our room was comfortable, the shower was great and the flat screen TV was a pleasant surprise. I echo all of the raves about the hosts, their friendly manner and the excellent breakfast/snacks. It was great to be able to walk to dinner and shopping with lots of choices within a few blocks.

The bed was a bit soft for our tastes and they should put up a shelf in the bathroom for toiletries. These are small things that didn't really detract from our stay. Mike and Ann Marie make you feel like family which is unusual these days.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greataunt
mehayes19, Owner at Tandem Bike Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

At the Tandem Bike Inn we offer a few options for bed firmness. We should have made this more clear in our literature and offered to move you to another room with a bed that was more firm. We will make sure this happens on your next visit. Mike and Anne Marie

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Mike and Anne Marie, go out of their way to be warm, gracious and accommodating. The Inn is charming, clean, well appointed and centrally located. Forget about dieting as the breakfasts are to die for. I am allergic to fragrance and they went made special efforts of washing my bedding and towels separately so I wouldn't be allergic to their detergents. They always offer gluten free goodies along with the other amazing fresh and tantalizing foods and snacks for their breakfasts, afternoon tea and snacks. The hosts are very thoughtful and the inn professionally run. Come to be pampered at this lovely Tandem Bike Inn at the shore.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank susanhirsch
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My boyfriend took me here as a surprise this weekend, he had organized with Mike to have a professional massage therapist meet me when we arrived and it was WONDERFUL. I am always thrilled to stay here it is such a relaxing place. Ann Marie is a fantastic cook and does an amazing job at catering for my allergy to gluten. She made me gluten free brownies that my boyfriend couldn't tell were gluten free - they were to die for. And for breakfast she made me waffles and muffins, also delicious!!!!
I highly recommend staying here, I've been in Winter and Summer and both visits were wonderful.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi rooms are FANTASTIC!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsClaireL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Mayfair Hotel
Doolan's
Doolan's
#6 of 7 in Spring Lake
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Tandem Bike Inn? Share your experiences!