“Really good food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th Avenue
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had a great meal at this lovely restaurant. Excellent menu and delicious pasta. Perfect service too and reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Extremely expensive and every meal has so much salt in it that you can't even get through their mini sized meals.. Not worth the salt the use too much of! Many many better restaurants in the area. people get all hyped up - I am guessing because the prices are so high - they think they are buying a gourmet meal.. Not for foodies - really not for anyone - unless you enjoy paying an arm and a leg for salt.

1  Thank Fred F
Reviewed August 1, 2012

July 11, 2012

Nicchio’s Ristorante
Belmar, NJ

Like most shore residents, we tend to avoid local restaurants in the summer – boisterous crowds can really dampen a dining experience.

I recently had some time off so my husband and I decided to become “tourists” for a night and try a local Belmar restaurant - NIcchio’s Ristorante. (Must confess it was a week night, so crowding wasn’t such an issue].

I’m so glad we went!

We sat at the VERY comfortable bar. Steve the bartender was pleasant, knowledgeable about the entrée’s being offered, and made a MEAN martini - with blue cheese stuffed olives - YUM!

The restaurant was being renovated – the bar enlarged and a gorgeous antique expresso machine adding a lovely bit of period glamour to the dining room. It's a nicely appointed restaurant - both bar area and dining room are spacious, comfortable and well decorated.

After perusing a menu with many interesting choices, we decided to try a new offering - ITALIAN sushi. Novel ideal. They had several on the appetizer menu, so we tried a tuna roll. What made it Italian you might ask? Selections were actually rolled in very thinly pressed Italian bread – worked for me! Although I must state that the tuna was actually a little strongly flavored for my taste, the taleggio cheese and crab crème brulee topping was VERY tasty. There are several interesting rolls and tapas on their menu … we’ll definitely have to come back to try some more.

My husband and I then split a fresh beet salad – sweet and tangy beets, walnuts, grana padana cheese topped with a MINT vinaigrette … different and VERY good.

Since it was late in the evening, we didn’t feel like a complete entrée so we both opted for just a pasta dish – both choices were terrific! I selected orchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe – very good! Garlic infused broth, spicy sausage and nicely wilted broccoli rabe – not a super large portion but perfect for a late night supper. My husband chose the homemade ravioli – they were nicely done and topped with a heavenly fresh tomato sauce.

Two double expressos later, we left – well fed and very happy with our experience at Nicchio. My only consideration in doing the review is that they are pricey so it won’t be someplace I’ll go frequently, but when I do go back, I’m VERY sure it will be worth it!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We visited Nicchio on a Thursday night. Met the girls for a girl's night out and started with happy hour. An interesting selection of wines, beer and
their special vodka martinis. The "house" vodka was excellent as well as the marscapone truffle dip. Our bartender gave us a great service as well as made a great martini.
We were seated promptly when the rest of our party arrived in a nice cozy corner. Service was excellent, food was EXCELLENT. We all loved our meals and were impressed with my linguine and clams. Our server brought it out and we all were like wow! Lots of clams and just the right amount of pasta, absolutely delish! Cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

we have been her before and this time it was terrible, We called to make sure w could get in, it was Fathers day weekend. When we called they said yes and took all our information. When we arrived they could not find our name. After a few mins we had a table, After sitting for 25 mis all we had was a glass of water and bread. Two tables around us that came in after us were being taken care of. Servicers walked by and not one of them stopped to see if we needed any thing or would like to order. We got and wallked out, the girls at the door that sat us just looked away and out we went. Never to return...................