“Beautiful new boardwalk, nice beach”

Belmar Beach and Boardwalk
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Belmar
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited this beach in July 4th week end. parking is not a problem here. They constructed a new boardwalk I guess after super storm Sandy strike last year. It's very nice. This is a paid beach. enough rest rooms but no stores on boardwalk. There are few across the street though. They got many volley ball polls, bring your own net or buy from there. average crowded beach. Sea is getting deeper after just few steps in water.

All reviews
in 211 reviews
"waves"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I visited Belmar on 07/21 with a group of friends. This was my first time there after Hurricane Sandy and honestly they did a great job on rebuilding the boardwalk!

The city charges a fee of $7 for a day but you can buy a season pass for $50. The beach is clean, well maintained, there's bathrooms and I really like every time I see police officers walking on the sand looking for people drinking alcohol and giving tickets to the ones that try to break the law!

On weekends it gets very crowded and if you get there after 9am you will may experience a hard time find a spot to park you car. So make sure to be there early in the morning to find a good parking place.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Due to a cloudy morning, the beach was pretty empty. It is a well maintained beach area, but was lacking in concessions. Great deal for $8 per person

1  Thank nikcha
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We arrived at 8 am and the beach was coming to life. We entered at 14th Ave Beach side near Dunkin Donuts. At that time you can find free parking on the opposite side from the metered parking on Ocean Ave. The boardwalk and beach were awesome. They truly worked real hard to clean up after Sandy. There's a few foodtrucks on the boardwalk and very clean bathroon facilities have been placed. We had breakfast from DD on the beach and brought a cooler filled with iced waters and sandwiches. There is a Subway next to DD, their prices are $2 more than normal but for the shore it's no big deal.

We really enjoyed our visit. We explored the beach and went up to 16th Ave Beach. That area seems to have alot of rowdy young adults and teenagers.
But there were policemen (felt bad for them, they were in full uniform in 100 degrees temp.) patrolling the beaches and the lifeguards were very alert.

To us this beach is one of the best family beaches and for us its only an 1hr away. If you want rides and lots of people and loud music go to Point Pleasant, which I also like. But I prefer to relax on the beach and the waves are less wilder than PP.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We visited Belmar last weekend for the first time and my family loved it. The beach was clean, had playground and swing on the beach for the kids and it was quiet. This beach is made for relaxing, not a party atmosphere. There is no boardwalk in the typical sense, just a walkway with a couple of food stands on it.

I thought parking was easy, however, we showed up around 10am. I could see having to walk a bit if you came late afternoon.

We didnt eat at the beach, as we wanted to visit 10th Ave Burrito (which was great), but I saw alot of spots that looked good along Ocean Ave.

We will be making this our new family beach spot.