“Value for money”
Review of Belmar Motor Lodge

Belmar Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Belmar
Belmar Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Belmar
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We went down Saturday, did an early check in at no extra charge and sat by the pool suntanning it was amazing!
The room was clean and adequate.. Value for money!!
It's close by the popular DJAIS club which is a bonus ($5 cab)
I would definitely recommend this place

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank belindamorgan2

Reviewed June 3, 2013

When I saw the other reviews I hesitated somewhat about staying here but the price and location were hard to beat and I had confidence after seeing the pictures. Yes, the hotel is old and maybe even a little bit run down, but the room was very clean, the wifi and flatscreen TV worked just fine, and I was happy to be just 7 blocks from the beach. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance as well. Furniture was old but in good condition, and the mattress and pillows could not have been softer. Didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. What little interaction I had with the employees was friendly. I briefly went in the pool and the water was warm. Sometimes you can hear noise between the rooms but it was minimal when I was there. My room also faced Highway 35 out front so I could hear the traffic but that never bothers me.

Considering that this is the Jersey shore in the summertime, the price was very reasonable compared to its competitors. If you can actually find a better deal in another nearby New Jersey beach town, I'd sure like to know about it. Considering the location and condition of the hotel, I was happy with what I paid.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by the sounds of traffic, then try and get a room that faces 10th Avenue, rather...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank caj111
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This motel is the worst. First off, the images you find online and on their website are a complete joke. They must have had someone come in and fancy up some of the rooms to look more furnished, clean and well kept just for pictures sake. The lady at the front desk was rude as hell to me and my family for starters and the hallways wreak of mildew and pee plus it's dimly lit. The rooms (we had several people staying in different rooms so we had plenty of rooms to compare) were all barren. There was hardly anything in some of them other than a bed and an old tv. The walls are painted white (over stone or brick or whatever it is) and it looks like a prison cell. The bathroom was dirty, I was too scared to sleep on the bed, and I just don't know what to say about this place other than it's got a good view outside of the water and there is a 7-11 next door for drinks and food since they don't care to really provide anything for anyone and the vending machine doesn't always work there. I mean you know it's bad when the first thing everyone says when they walk into their rooms is "oh my God, this is like a prison cell" yuck.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zellywelly
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This place has BED BUGS. They wont admit it. When I woke up in the morning and found the bugs, and woke up itchy, I went down to the front desk as I was leaving and they told me theres nothing they can do until owner comes later afternoon. They never called me liked they said they would. They claim they brought an exterminator in, and the exterminator couldnt find anything. Yet they failed to show me a report. They refuse to refund me my money. $200 for the room, $200 in dry cleaning, and the only thing I got to show for are bed bug bites and rashes.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Dave T
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The unhelpful staff was both rude and condescending towards our party, Rooms were filthy, no garbage bags, dirty towels, and the toilet constantly jammed up.
No help finding taxi service or any local amenities. I would not recommend this place to anyone, in fact i feel it should be condemned and rebuilt by a chain hotel that actually serves heir customers.

Room Tip: do not choose a room, find another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Justin H
Reviewed June 10, 2012

As member a yacht club and on a trip for the weekend some of our members took boat and some stayed at this flea bag hotel that smells like wet rags , as for me checking in the lady at the Front desk should of retired ten years ago as for her additude was uncalled for disrespectful, rude, And just sucked . The thing I did notice is that this hotel should be shutdown and reopened under new management and the main issue is the help .

Room Tip: Don't even think about it
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank acman355
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were driving down the coast after arriving from Europe, so we started to get tired and needed a place to sleep. This was not too bad, old, worn, but with what looked like fresh paint jobs and all we needed. Free internet in room, nice lady at check in, clean room and bathroom as far as I could tell. There is a railway crossing right by the hotel, but we slept well and didn't notice it until the morning. No breakfast, but the price for the room was also low.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Mayfair Hotel
Grand Victorian at Spring Lake
Atlantic Inn & Suites
Atlantic Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Wall Township

Been to Belmar Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!