“Read before you book!”

Econo Lodge Bellmawr
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bellmawr
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked online where I paid specifically for a room with two queen size beds on the ground floor because I have bad knees. When I arrived, I had a room on the second floor with two double beds. When I pointed out that I had reserved a first floor room, the desk clerk told me that I should have written it in the comments section - exactly the opposite of what the website told me to do. When I got to the room, it was in pretty shabby condition. The desk chair had nasty stains, the towel bar was broken, and the sink drain was rusty and stained. The furniture was pretty beaten up, too. In fairness, the bed I slept in was was clean and comfortable, but they won't get my business again. I'm willing to overlook a lot, but when I reserve a specific room, I want what I've paid for, and if you've made a mistake, at least man up, apologize for my inconvenience, and maybe offer to carry my bags upstairs for me. A little customer service goes a long way when your hotel is so dumpy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda J
econolodge1, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Bellmawr, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge in Bellmawr New Jersey for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your stay. We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short in providing it. I would like the opportunity to have you revisit our hotel and give us another try. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at econobellmawrnj@gmail.com

With Hospitality
Candice S.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

It looks good on the outside. Front desk staff is accomodating. The rooms show a bit of wear altho the bed was comfortable. They have Direct TV which seems to be impossible to use.
We've stayed here before and will do so again as it's not expensive and we're on a business trip selling our wares.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge in Bellmawr New Jersey for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your stay. It is really nice to hear that your experience was a positive one here at the hotel. I also want to apologize for the setup of the DirectTV. With so many choices here at Bellmawr New Jersey, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Hospitality,
Candice S.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had our hotel room cancelled because we didn't call them back by 4pm the day of..even though we had our credit card holding it. The girl on the phone said, it wasn't her problem, and that we would have to pay a higher rate since we didn't call back before 4pm. When we finally arrived we got a dirty room, awful service, and were able to pay the original rate that was available online only (because we had an Iphone). I'd never stay in another econo lodge after this experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spend over 150 nights a year in Motels and Hotels. I have stayed in everything from o star through 5 star hotels. The customer service provided by the lady at checkin at this hotel is undoubtably the worst. I was traveling with my wife and our son who has some medical issues so I request 2 beds. how ever we were given 1 bed and charged extra for a rollaway. which when placed in the room took up all available space. Fortunatly I was able to rearrange some furniture and make the room habitable. My advise to any one staying here is to avoid checking in in the evening that way you donot have to deal with this non-caring individual

Room Tip: Check in late night the night clerk is much friendlier
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this and 3 other rooms for my friends at this hotel, and I absolutely regret doing so. We come down here (to NJ) for Honda day every year, so we figured we would try a different hotel. My friends wanted to come up to my hotel and hang out for a bit because we weren't tired. I ordered a smoking room with two queen size beds and a cot for an extra friend (which was broken), we got called and yelled at and was threatened to have to pay for the extra people in the room because we weren't allowed to have visitors. My friends had to leave, and they had all of our booking information wrong. I definitely suggest READING THIS BEFORE YOU CONSIDER!!!! The staff are rude, the advertisements for this hotel is absolutely nothing like it seems in the description, the room was very dirty when we came in, found a used condom behind the fridge and an empty nasty jack Daniels bottle under the bed when we went to move it for the cot. After reading this, you desire weather or not u wanna stay here! I'm about to ask for a full refund and go to motel 6 next door!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 5, 2013

4 night stay in March. Room was clean, mini fridge in room and coffee maker (Motel 6 next door, higher price and didn"t have). Handy location for Philly trips, as you are right off the highways. Front desk friendly with no check in problems. Parking lot newly paved and well lighted.
Close to fast food / gas and local restaurants.
The only negative, it is a motel set up with outside doors, so street / highway noise is constant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was visiting some friends in Philadelphia, and I wanted a place to stay that was close to the city and not too expensive. This motel was a good choice, and I would definitely recommend it. The location is very convenient to the NJ Turnpike, I-295, and Philadelphia.

The motel itself was fairly typical and located on a suburban strip. My room was clean and comfortable. It even had a refrigerator. The cable TV was very good so that was a plus. I was able to use the Wi-fi without a problem. The breakfast was pretty limited, but there are several fast food restaurants nearby including a Dunkin' Donuts directly across the street.

Overall, it was a good motel, and I will stay here again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room facing the parking lot as the rooms on the back of the hotel face the N...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank pedal29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmawr
Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#26 of 28 in Mount Laurel

Been to Econo Lodge Bellmawr? Share your experiences!