“HoJo's in Bellmawr was the best!”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bellmawr
Chiang Mai
“HoJo's in Bellmawr was the best!”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I was traveling from Virginia to Massachusetts. On the NJ Turnpike I had car problems. At a rest area, I had to get a jump start and buy a new battery. When I got back on the turnpike, I continued to have electrical problems, so I left the turnpike at the next town. The first hotel off the exit was a HoJo. I signed in, the hotel was new, clean and reasonably priced.
The young woman behind the desk was very helpful in signing me in, then directed me to a good restaurant when I asked. Later I asked for information about a place where I could have my car checked, she recommended her mechanic, and found the address and phone number for me. The next morning I called the mechanic, and they fixed my car for a reasonable cost. That was a great reassurance to be able to find a mechanic who was knowledgeable and did not charge me exhorbitant fees because I was stuck!
The room was very clean, and very comfortable, the bed was very good! The location was great for me, with car trouble. The next week, I realized that I had left my cell phone charger at the hotel. I called and spoke to the same woman at the front desk, and she found the charger, and gave me instructions about how to retrieve it, without having to drive back to NJ from MA. She went over and above her duty, and was so helpful, when I was in distress. I was treated with respect and not taken advantage of, and had a very good experience!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
HowardJohnson2490, Hotel Manager & Staff at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Appreciated ! As you are aware we will beat any rates you get on line for our hotel next time. Lookforward to seeing you .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We got lower rate by calling hotel direct while searching other websites. They were ready to beat any rates on line also offered Manager's special discounted rate. Staff is super friendly. Nice clean interior corridor motel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
HowardJohnson2490, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area, responded to this review, June 17, 2009
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to beat any rates you may find on the web.

Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (856) 931 0700 and ask for Manager or Manager’s special rate.

Roger P.
Toledo, OH
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Older hotel, but pretty clean. Stayed for business, not complaints. Decent area, quick access to highway and close to Philly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
HowardJohnson2490, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area, responded to this review, May 18, 2009
Dear Guest:

Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (856) 931 0700.

Isle of Wight
Reviewed March 14, 2009

This hotel is close to the NJ Turnpike, so is a good place to stop off for the night. I was visiting Philadelphia and wanted a budget motel. The area appears safe. The clientele, the few that were there, seem to be tradesmen / builders on contracts but I have no complaints about noise. One of the staff was very helpful in finding a place to eat but another was either depressed or indifferent! Overall, I would recommend this place for convenience/ value/ cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I had to find affordable lodging in the Philadelphia Area while down there for medical testing. This hotel was about 1/4 the cost of some other Hotels, and I didn't know what to expect, But upon getting to the Hotel. The People working there were very helpful and courteous, The rooms were very clean, and it exceeded my expectations, We had a wonderful stay, and the cost was very affordable.

• Liked — SImplicity and Price
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HowardJohnson2490, Hotel Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area, responded to this review, May 18, 2009

Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Overall, not too bad. The room, including the bathroom, was clean which is important. The only eyesore was the outside window which was very small; you can hardly call it a window at all. Another one had to be closed with drapes all the time since it was leading to the hallway.

Please note that the hotel is located directly at the intersection with the NJ turnpike. It was necessary to cross the southbound exit ramp to exit or enter the property. Other than that, it was fine.

We needed a comfortable room for not a lot of money. It served the purpose.

• Liked — Overall value, relatively safe area
  • Disliked — Road access
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank xrustall

Central Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2008

For the price it is great, they even went and got more food for breakfast when it ran out. Fresh brewed coffee! Fiveteen minutes from downtown Philly and easy to find. It is right off the highway in a bussiness district. The staff were wonderful and we all enjoyed our stay.

It is not like the bad reviews at all!

• Liked — Close to Philly
  • Disliked — Next to highway
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmawr
Days Inn Runnemede Philadelphia Area
Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel
Residence Inn Deptford
Residence Inn Deptford
#2 of 2 in Deptford

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area? Share your experiences!