“Tried and True Basic Diner”
Review of The Club Diner

The Club Diner
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Bellmawr
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 12, 2012

During my college years, I ate here a few times a year while traveling back and forth from home. As a result, it brings back good memories. I recently stopped here for dinner and was not disappointed. My experience in south Jersey is that you generally find diners are really good or really bad. The Club falls in the middle. You'll get a decent meal at a decent price; nothing fancy, but nothing to complain about. The service is friendly and good.

I ordered the seafood bisque. The soup was great-tasting and velvety smooth. The only disappointment was the imitation crab meat. For an entree, I had Veal Club (which, apparently, the waitress had never seen on the menu before.) The veal was quite tender and perfectly cooked. The crab meat and artichokes were plentiful. The sauce was pretty good -- it might have come from a can/jar, but it was still tasty. Dinner also came with dessert, for which I chose the yellow cake with chocolate frosting. The cake was fresh and deliciously moist, and the chocolate frosting was amazing.

No, it's not a four-star restaurant, but for a basic meal at a reasonable price I wouldn't pass this place by.

1  Thank CWH3

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stopped in to the Club Diner after not having been here in years. Now we remember why we never came back. The place is rather small. Some of the workers here seem like they've been there for years and their poor service shows. Though the diner was rather empty,we waited at least 10 minutes for the waitress to hobble over to us. Waited another 10 minutes for our water to arrive. I had the french toast and my wife had two eggs and toast. 20 minutes later when the food arrived, it was barely warm! The french toast was stale and cold. Another surprise when the bill came. Apparently, two soft boiled eggs and toast comes to almost $5.00! You can't order eggs and toast alone without them charging you for some combo even though you never received the rest of the combo. $6.00 for 3 slices of cold, stale french toast was a joke too. I will make sure to write down somewhere so I won't forget again to stay away from this place. Bad food, high price, slow service, what more could you ask for in a diner? Please

2  Thank Trip117
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I are continuing our attempts to find the perfect diner breakfast and decided to try the Club diner after passing by it for years.

This diner was renovated within the last few years and is apparently much nicer now than it had been. There are two main dinning rooms as well as the typical bar style seating. There are various types of seating available. They are also open 24 hours.

We were seated as soon as we arrived, our drink order was taken quickly as was our breakfast order. Their menu was varied and had options for anyone. I chose the Pancakes and Sausage with a side of Home Fries while my wife had the Corn Beef Hash with scrambled eggs and toast. My pancakes were very fluffy and very good, the sausage was OK and the Home Fries were good.

The prices were reasonable, 2 meals for under $30. I would recommend this diner for at least breakfast to anyone. We will try and return for dinner at some point.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

This has to be the worst diner we ever ate in. We stopped for the “prime rib” special. After receiving the salad and bread we should have left. The salad was old iceberg lettuce with A cherry tomato, and two slices of cucumber with huge seeds. The breadbasket had stale bread and a slice of a cake type of bread with pieces of eggshells sticking out of it. After sitting for 25 minutes our waitress informed us that only medium cooked prime rib was left. When we were served, it was so over cooked that we couldn’t even cut into it. I took a bite and tried to chew but left it in my napkin instead. The waitress suggested the Delmonico steak, which was just as bad. Everything was just awful. A true waste of money.

1  Thank JZG
Reviewed August 15, 2011

If the NJ turnpike is a pit, and a trip to purgatory is necessary, then this little diner might just save your day- as it did our family of four.