“Highly recommended.”
Review of Solar do Minho

Solar do Minho
Reserve with OpenTable
Solar do Minho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Ave.
Brandon, Florida
“Highly recommended.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were only been there twice and enjoyed it both times.
We had a reservation and we were seated promptly and our waiter appeared right away.
We had the Camaroa ao Alho, Ameijoas a Bolhao de Pato , The Chilean sea bass with stuffed crab meat and Mariscos com Massa in Red Sauce. Everything I've tried has impressed me. Excellent food, the portions are very generous, awesome taste, fresh and the seasoning was perfection.
The service was exceptional, everybody were very nice.
Overall a great experience, a wonderful re staurant with great food. This is an amazing Portuguese restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank KrysiaK

Barnegat, New Jersey
“Great Place”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went to this restaurant with a group of 16 people and had a great time. Our waiter was able to take care of all of our needs w/no complaints. The food was great! I didn't have the Rodizio but half of our group did and I was able to sample some. Everything that I tasted was good but salty but that's normal w/Rodizio. I had the Bife do Combo Don Carlos (Sirloin steak cooked perfectly w/Shrimp, Mushrooms, Artichoke and Peas in a cream beef sauce). We also had pitchers of their Sangria which was also great. Everyone in our group enjoyed their food and would go back again.

I gave this place a 4 because of the following:

Parking was limited but they have valet service.
Their was always a line for the bathrooms. Only 1 bathroom each.
Bar is right on top of restaurant tables and gets very crowded when you are waiting for your table.

Other then that, this place was great. The con's were minor in my eyes and would recommend and go back to this place again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank erick4k
Kearny, New Jersey
“Nice find close to Newark”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a bar and restaurant that is located in Belleville near the Newark border and not far from the Rutgers St Bridge by North Arlington and Kearny. You can order from the menu or try the rodizio. I tried the rodizio and my wife tried a menu item (shrimp Scampi). Both were very good and we'll go back again!

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Lousy”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Sorry, but as a food critic I think folks should be informed...this comment now on Yelp and others. You have potential but no one at the helm of this store:

Awful !!!..Not recommended for "Rodizio"...invited to this local eatery by NJ food critic friend. First off we were seated at table by door which constantly opened and banged-closed allowing freezing outside air to come in. Meats brought around Bloody-Red not totally cooked and Fatty grizzled offerings. Meats not prime cuts, cheap cuts. Black beans with NO flavor what-so-ever. Servers and floor Managers ok with with what was being served, even though our plates full of un-touched inedible meats. Definitely NOT a "Plataforma" West. Skip it. Take the ride into NYC for excellent Rodizio the way it should be, don't waste your money.
Gael Greene

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank gael g
atlantoic city
“$11 for iced tea. Give me a break”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The food and atmosphere are great. Rodizio fresh. But why rape your customers by charging for iced tea refills. Complained to server and basically was told to go ..,myself. It's there policy to serve a tiny glass loaded w ice and charge for refills. I would have bought sangria it would have been cheaper

1 Thank kyle65