“Spring weather in January”
Review of Engleside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Engleside Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed January 15, 2007

Once again i was down the shore, at the Engleside Inn, but it was January 2007 and the weather was 74 degrees, walked on the beach, met alot of people, the sky was as blue as in June. Took my dog, Mayling, and no charge for pets til sometime in May. Also stayed 2 nights and the 3rd was "free", too bad I had to go back to Pa. to work. As always my room was great, service good, and I'll be back soon, maybe the weather will be 80 degrees in Feb., I'd stay there in any weather. See you soon,I'm a true blue "shore girl"

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank claudetteqk

Reviewed January 7, 2007

Came down for a quick get away...this hotel is great, perfect location. The hotel is right on the beach, has an outdoor pool (not usable in the winter) Even during the off-season there is enough to do here and plenty within walking distance. The room was a good size, clean with a very comfortable king bed, fridge, tv with VCR. There was a restaurant right there with a fun bar and guy playing piano. The island is not too wide, we walked over and caught a beautiful sunset over the bay-we were not ambitious enough to arise for the sunset at our nearby beach!

For breakfast Uncle Willie's is a couple of blocks away on the main street with wonderful choices...get the pancakes with fresh strawberries & whipped cream-heavenly!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NJBeachbaby
Reviewed August 21, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Engleside Inn during this past Feb. (2006). The place was a clean, large room and the bathroom was great as well. The desk person was very friendly and accomodating as well as the housekeeper.
I am very familiar with LBI as I've been going there for over 30 years. But this stay in particular was wonderful. The Inn is great and the restaurant was wonderful.
A nor'eastern came through, the power went out yet Engleside had their generators kick right on in a heartbeat. Even the walkways as well as driveways and parking were all shoveled promptly. It was a perfect long week-end, even during the storm and Engleside made you feel safe and comfortable.
I highly recommend staying here! A+++++

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank eireceltic
Reviewed June 19, 2006

Rooms:
Our room, an “Oceanfront Efficiency” was clean and smelled nice. The 2 queen beds were comfortable. The balcony had a beautiful view of the ocean. It was basically a clean hotel room you might expect anywhere with a wet bar, mini fridge and a killer view. Water pressure in the shower was great!

Pool:
The pool area was nice they had lots of lounge chairs and easy access to the beach. My daughter went to the pool the beach the pool the beach and so on. The beach restaurant/bar was right there nice for a snack or a cocktail. My daughter knocked over my husband’s Rum Runner by accident. They replaced it for him for no charge. Thanks guys!

Restaurant:
We had a fabulous meal at the restaurant. They had steaks, sushi, and pasta at the same place! Now for my family this is great. Hubby had sushi which was beautifully prepared. I had filet mignon and my daughter had pasta. We were all happy. Service was a little slow but it was Father’s Day.

We were impressed. This was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at the Jersey Shore. We had a great Father’s Day at the Engleside. We look forward to retuning again soon.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Babymakes3
New Jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2006

My husband and I try to get away at least once a month and we have stay in various Inns from Point Pleasant to Cape May. Engleside Inn is THE BEST by far! The rooms are EXTREMELY clean and the employee's are very friendly! We loved it so much that our February getaway is already booked with them.

• Stayed: January 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Reviewed September 27, 2005

Went for a girls weekend. Loved the porch off the room. Found the room large and clean. Bathroom appeared new and was very clean. Housekeeping was great! Close to many attractions! Pool and bar very nice. Food at outside restraunt terrible.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2005

We went here in January because my father had fond memories of past vacations spent there with my mother when she was alive. There was my 82 year old father, myself, my 30 year old daughter and my baby grandson.

They did not give us an oceanfront which we requested (even though oceanfront rooms were more expensive), but when we were there we saw many empty ones (darkened rooms with the window curtains opened even though it was midnight and past).

When my daughter called for the reservation, she emphasized we would be there with a little baby who would need some kind of a crib or pack 'n play.

We got there late and checked in. We were tired and the baby was tired. The room was modest, which we expected - a typical "down the shore" hotel room. The "kitchenette" was a microwave, sink, refrigerator (no ice in the fridge - none made). The bedroom was large with a jacuzzi and there was a pull-out couch which could accommodate two. No crib!

We called the front desk and asked if they had the crib. They said they "hoped so" and, not long after, ended up at our door to tell us there was none.

We spent the next hour or so trying to find another hotel in the area with no success and my daughter and I ended up sleeping in the bed with the baby between us.

Engleside made no attempt to accommodate us at all and when we complained about there being no crib, the manager simply shrugged and walked away.

We checked out the next day and ended up in the Tinton Falls Residence Inn which was a pleasure, like being at a five star hotel compared to Engleside. After this experience, I can honestly say that we will never patronize Engleside Inn again. What a bad experience!

• Stayed: January 2005
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Sea Spray Motel
Sea Spray Motel
#9 of 12 in Beach Haven

Been to Engleside Inn? Share your experiences!