“Great food & Cocktails”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We always go here when we go to LBI during the Summer, The food is delicious and the cocktails are generous. The wait can be a little long but stand at the bar until your table is up. The wait is usually not as long as they say. The salad dressing is to die for as well as the Lobster & Garlic Clams!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The bill was very expense and it was just me and my mom. We each got one drink and she had a salad. I had a soup and salad. You would have though we both got steak!! The service was not fantastic either. We weren't ready to order when our waitress first came over and asked for another few minutes, she came back about 20 minutes later.

2  Thank Theresa W
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had dinner there on Wednesday evening. My husband and I shared a dozen oysters on the half shell. They were ice cold and delicious. Could have eaten many more. I ordered scallops. Menu said they were from Barneget Light. I have never had scallops that sweet before. They were the freshest that I ate. Salad was very fresh and very cold. Paula was a great server definite asset to the restaurant. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Got there a bit early (5:30) on Fri. night but still had 1 1/2 hour wait for a party of 4. Entree's were mixed. Swordfish was "one of the best ever" according to my son-in-law who is a huge "foodie." My fish and chips looked different from what I expected, but fish was excellent (batter, not breaded like the menu says). Fries were so-so. Won't be anxious to go back just because the wait, and better restaurants that are BYO and shorter wait.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have visited The Black Whale at least twice a summer for as long as I can remember. The biggest problem here is still the same: we frequently wait over 1-1/2 hours for a table. Knowing that we will wait for a table allows us to plan in advance and turn this to an enjoyable evening. The bar has plenty of good beers and wines to enjoy and the bar service remains good despite the crowds. The menu is well thought out with many choices including a good selection for those who don't like seafood. The service has always been good and was the excellent last night. The Alaskan King Crabs legs were about the best we ever had and our other entrees were excellent as well.

1  Thank mbrichter