“This is an outstanding B&B in every way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beach Haven
Williams Cottage Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Beach Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We cannot say enough positive things about this wonderful B&B and to think because of a bad experience at another B&B in Beach Haven we almost didn't come. This inn is beautiful, well-appointed, and in a great location (50 yards from the beach). Snacks, fresh baked cookies. and these amazing "healthy" homemade squares, chocolates, and water available 24 hours a day. Breakfast is a treat. The B&B itself as well as the rooms are beautiful and immaculate. Flat screen tv's/dvd players throughout. Linens and towels are plush. L'Occitane toiletries. Beach chairs, large, thick beach towels, umbrellas, bikes, and a hot water outdoor shower to clean the sand are all available on-site. The sitting room is equipped with WII, a lending library of dvd's, and a computer. The innkeepers are delightful, offering to make whatever reservations your might need while still managing to be unobtrusive. What move can I say, except I already made our reservations for next year,

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2009

No doubt this B&B is a special place - impeccably furnished, modern amenities (i.e., great water pressure, toiletries great air conditioning), gorgeous rooms.

1/2 block to the beach. Bottled water, bikes, beach badges, towels, chairs, umbrellas, etc., are all provided, which means you don't need to bring anything with you.

So, why not 5 stars?

First, despite everyone's raves about the innkeepers, we found them to be a little odd. For example, no "your welcome's" from the gentleman innkeeper after our "thank you's" at breakfast, and just overall, a little off. To be honest, though, all B&B innkeepers seem a little off to me. You should also know that they are merely innkeepers, and not the owners of the house. However, they were friendly enough, and non-intrusive.

The other downside is the breakfast. I find it interesting that people gush about the breakfast at the Inn. I don't know what they are comparing it to. If you are a true foodie and have eaten great gourmet breakfasts at restaurants and other B&Bs, where most things are made from scratch, you will find the food, while very good, to be lacking. Why? Much of the food is not made from scratch.

Regular supermarket-bought white bread for french toast (as opposed to homemade or bakery-bought brioche or croissants);

the coffee was good, not great;

bagged, supermarket quality hash browns;

jarred, as opposed to, homemade preserves; and

breakfast meats that are not homemade or creative (regular supermarket-bought bacon strips and sausage patties, vs. more homemade or gourmet products such as chicken-apple sausage or double-smoked bacon).

Now, listen, it's all relative, but as I said, not truly gourmet faire.

Finally, if you're not used to LBI beaches, the beach, while remarkably close to the Inn, is very narrow, thereby making it very difficult, at least in the height of Summer, to avoid other beachgoers, and to have any privacy.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SalLani
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We only had time for an overnight trip, and we made the perfect decision to stay here!
Bette and Merle and amazing innkeepers and the B&B is in a perfect location and amazing home! Where do I start? So much to say about this one night, two day trip into pure heaven!!!!! We arrived early on thursday, our room was ready and Merle gave us a tour of this most enchanting home. Every place you turn, there is pure beauty here. We stayed in the Garden Room, which has a small patio overlooking gorgeous flowers. They provide beach chairs, towels, water, even beach bags! We headed to the beach which is not even 1/2 a block away!
The spot where the beach is from the Inn is perfect! Mostly surfers go there since there is no lifeguard there on duty..........which means PEACE AND QUIET......nothing crowded, no fighting for a spot to lay on. Merle told us to walk about 5 blocks on the beach for lunch at a Tiki Bar.......a perfect fun place, we had lunch, then walked back to the beach spot from heaven!
Upon return to B&B, there is an outdoor shower to remove all the sand, perfect! It is also fantastic for the last day, in which we spent again all day at beach, returned to the Inn and showered (they provide shampoo, conditioner, bath shower gel) for the ride home!
They have bikes for use, which we fully enjoyed.
And the Inn itself, there is no other words to describe it except HEAVEN! The wrap around porch is amazing to hang out and have cocktails and enjoy the sounds of the ocean and the breezes!
The breakfast.........WOW.......Merle and Bette make the most amazing foods! and Merle's mango sauce is to die for! Bette's cookies in the afternoon are delicious!
We returned home completely refreshed and happy. We wish we had more then one night to have stayed, but those two full days there was exactly what we needed to refuel our lives!
We cant wait to return and try all the other rooms, that is our goal, to stay in every room there and get a bit of heaven!
You must keep in mind that we are not B&B people, but this Inn and Bette and Merle have made us their fans for a long time coming! The price is a bit steep but well worth every penny of it.
Cant wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My husband and I were married at the Williams Cottage Inn on May 15, 2009 and I wanted to post a review about our incredible experience. My husband and I were suppose to have a destination wedding in Mexico on May 18, but due to the swine flu outbreak we decided to cancel our wedding that we had been planning for almost a year about two weeks prior. We were desperately trying to find a place to relocate and were looking into different islands when my husband came upon the Williams Cottage Inn in a google search. He called and spoke to Bette and Merle and found out that they hold weddings at the Inn and the entire Inn was available for a wedding on May 15. The next morning we drove about 2 hours to see the property. From the moment we pulled up and saw the house we both knew that is where we would be married. The house is stunning and a block from the beach. Merle gave us a tour of the house and told us the history and gave us some options for where we could have our ceremony; outside if the weather was nice and inside if the weather wasn’t so nice. I cannot begin to describe how gorgeous the Inn is, each room is more beautiful than the next. Pictures just do not do the house justice, the house is incredible; the rooms are decorated with such care and detail that you can’t see in pictures you just have to experience it. Each room has its own theme and it’s honestly hard to decide which room you want to stay in; the Inn is truly spectacular! The Inn was referred to as the “Rolls Royce’s of B&B’s” and I can’t agree more!!

Needless to say, my husband and I were thrilled with the house and with all the options for our wedding and immediately booked all the rooms at the Inn. After booking the Inn our wedding experience at the Williams Cottage Inn went from great to INCREDIBLE!! Bette immediately stepped in and starting making the arrangements. I have to preface by saying that I hired a wedding planner for my destination wedding in Mexico and Bette helped me more in two weeks with the planning then my wedding planner helped me in a year! Bette treated me like family and immediately started making phone calls to make sure the minister was available, she called photographers on the island for me, the local florist and the list goes on and on. She showed such determination in helping me with making all my wedding dreams come true and I cannot even begin to thank her and will never forget what she has done for me.

My family and friends are still talking about the wedding and sincerely have told me time and time again that it was the best wedding that they have ever been to. My family and friends all just could not stop talking about how gorgeous the Inn is and how wonderful Bette and Merle are. We got some incredible pictures at the Inn as well as on the beach. The front parlor area is great room for family portraits. My husband and I stayed in the “Dome Room”, which has a view of the ocean and my favorite room in the house! My photographer got some incredible pictures in the room. Those that stayed in the house still talk about the fantastic breakfast they served. The food was incredible and you feel like you are in a gourmet restaurant.

One of the things that I am so incredibly happy about is that my husband and I be able to go back to the Williams Cottage Inn for our wedding anniversary for years to come and that I know we will be welcomed by Bette and Merle and the owners who I will remember forever!! We were so lucky and truly blessed to have them be part of our special day; a day that both my husband and I and our family and friends will never forget! The Williams Cottage Inn is definitely one of kind!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Esporrin
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Williams Cottage Inn is an amazing place. The beautiful rooms are a great combination of victorian charm and modern amenities. Breakfast each morning was a wonderful experience, great food served on the fabulous wrap around porch.
A day at the beach is steps away, and made a pleasure with chairs, towels and umbrellas furnished by Williams Cottage. Innkeepers, Betty and Merle have thought of everything thing to make your days with them memorable!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LBIFAN
Reviewed July 13, 2009

From the moment my husband and I walked into the beautiful inn to the time we left, this trip and experience was nothing short of breath-taking and luxurious! My husband and I, of 32 years, were given this weekend by our children. It was BY FAR the best gift we've ever received and will certainly be going back! Thank you for everything! It was WONDERFUL!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We had our wedding here starting at the Inn and then the ceremony at the beach on June 21, 2009. Merle and Bette were great at getting everything organized from the cake to the flowers and helping to setup the champagne and cheese after the ceremony. The Inn is beautiful. We stayed in the Dome Room, it was very romantic. The breakfasts were delicious too. I could not have asked for a better place to have my wedding, or nicer people. What a great day!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Island Guest House Bed and Breakfast Inn
The Sand Castle
The Sand Castle
#1 of 5 in Barnegat Light

Been to Williams Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!