“John and Judy - Thank You!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beach Haven
Victoria Guest House
Ranked #2 of 7 Beach Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Despite the fact I'm from the middle of the US (Oklahoma City), I've been up and down the entire east coast. I will admit, I had never actually visited the Jersey Shore and really had no idea what to expect during our 3-day visit. After this experience, I will certainly be back.

The Shore is simply...relaxing and beautiful.

Contributing to my first, and certainly not last, impression of the area was the Victoria Guest House. John and Judy offer a beautiful home complete with an atmosphere that is hospitable, private and relaxed.

Our room was comfortable, complete with multiple windows of different exterior views from the house. Their staff stocked us with clean and soft towels each morning, and made our room completely immaculate while we were out. If you decide to stay in, they voluntarily respect your privacy. It's amazing how peaceful it is to shower in their outdoor facilities (private, in the back), take a swim in the private pool, or to soak in the clawfoot tub. Heck, even the beach chairs are a great perk. Also, you CANNOT beat the feeling of the ocean breeze coming in the window on the east side.

While we were strangers to John and Judy, they made us feel completely at home while conversing with us over a plentiful breakfast each morning (I do recommend the french toast). If you want privacy, this is the place. If you want to interact with the hosts and guests, this is also a great place...it's simply a refreshing escape from day-to-day life.

The hosts even went out of their way to ensure the bottle of champagne we had brought was chilled and left in our room, complete with glasses....they didn't have to do that, but were happy to do so.

Obviously, I endorse the hell out of this place. If you're going to be in the area for a quick getaway, you CANNOT go wrong here. The house is about a 75 second walk from a gorgeous beach. Not only that, it's also a short walk from numerous seafood restaurants (I strongly recommend the Black Whale). In other words, your car will stay parked the entire time you visit...you won't need it!

John and Judy.....thank you for a memorable visit. I cannot wait to return.

-Mike (michael_phillips@ymail.com)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Victoria Guest House

Reviewed July 7, 2009

We had such a great Fourth of July weekend at the Victoria Guest House. The Millers' warmth and hospitality truly made us feel like we were guests in their home. Breakfasts were delicious! We liked having beach towels, chairs and passes readily available. We were even able to watch the Fourth of July fireworks from their comfortable front porch!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Although we have a family home on LBI, we found it necessary to make alternate arrangement for 3 nights. I'm so happy we chose the Victoria Guest House - it was a real pleasure. The rooms are not huge BUT very clean and more than adequate. Our room even had space for a cot for our 10 year old son. The hosts were so pleasant we felt "right at home". Judy and John prepared lovely breakfasts which we ate on the wicker filled front porch. A great addition is the lovely pool area where we spent much time. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We had an absolutely wonderful time at the Victoria Guest House and in Beach Haven. The inn is located one block from the beach and the proprietors were outstanding. Rooms were very well decorated and very clean. I really enjoyed sitting out on the porch and talking with John the owner about all kind of things. We were able to use the inn's bikes to ride up to Barnegat Lighthouse, which was really nice. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 25, 2009

The Victoria Guest House is the best place to stay on LBI. How do I know? I've been staying here for well over 10 years and have never been disappointed. John and Judy are gracious hosts who try to anticipate what their guests need to feel relaxed and at home. The rooms at the inn are immaculate, comfortable, and provide all the amenities that are necessary to make a seashore getaway easy. There are bicycles to ride and brand new sand chairs at your fingertips. The chairs are extremely comfortable and more than one guest has fallen asleep relaxing on the beach. There is a beach bag and beach towels in every room for your use during your stay. These are great as they avoid that messy sandy trunk of the car clean up when you get home. The sand stays at the beach where it belongs. The inn provides unlimited chilled bottled spring water and a crystal clear pool to to cool off inn. Mingling with other guests on the spacious porch makes everyone feel like one huge happy family. Breakfast is a favorite - the aroma of freshly brewed coffee waifing up to your room in the morning signals that breakfast is almost ready. Judy delightfully serves a hot item along with fresh fruit, juice and an assortment of breakfast treats. Not only do they serve you a hot treat they are willing to share the receipe. Whether you are visitng for a short time or are planning an extended stay the Victoria Guest House and its hosts do not disappoint!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2009

If you asked me my very favorite place to visit to enjoy quality time with my wife, I would probably say Long Beach Island.....the laid back atmosphere, the people, the food, the ocean, the theater.....but only sometimes, the accomodations. Well, you can certainly place the Victoria Guest House in the positive column...very positive. From the first moment we arrived and were greeted from the porch by John and later by Judy, we felt like we were at home. The rooms are well appointed, and absolutely spotless. There are many amenities (complementary bottles of water, free fresh coffee all day long, brand new beach chairs, complementary beach badges, free bicycles in good condition, free newspapers to read). We arrived early on a Friday and were allowed to check right in, and when leaving later in the day on a Monday, were again given some extra time on the checkout by John, just because "he could" (still in off season). Little things like that go a very long way in my book. The breakfasts were very nice as well. The B&B is located on the ocean block (a plus) and across the park (another plus) from the Surflight Theater (a third plus). I consider this area to be the heart of LBI, close to many of the shops, and a number great restaurants. I can't think of a better place for a romantic getaway. As with anything, there are always slight adjustments which must be made when travelling.....in this case the adjustments were negligible. All in all, an outstanding experience, and a place we intend to visit again.

Reviewed June 15, 2009

I found the Victoria Guest House on-line when I inquired about B&B's in Long Beach. The Victoria Guest House immediately popped up and I knew I had to stay here. The house was beautiful, one block from the beach, wrap around porch, heated pool, beach chairs, tags, bags, towels and bikes. What else could you ask for. It is in a perfect location. Close to food & beach yet quiet. Rode bikes the whole weekend and relaxed on the beautiful porch. Breakfast was good with a nice selection to choose from. John & Judy are wonderful hosts and are very knowledgeable about the island. Cannot wait to go back and relax again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beach Haven
Daddy O Hotel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Island Guest House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Victoria Guest House? Share your experiences!