“I can only hope I'll be back again...”
Review of Jolly Roger Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jolly Roger Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I can only hope I'll be back again...”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

At first I was a bit skeptical about this quaint motel at Beach Haven. However, I gave in and forgot about the boardwalk, go carts, and packed beaches of my other favorite New Jersey beach spots. When my partner and I arrived early our room was cleaned and ready. The staff was very nice and friendly, always giving us suggestions on good places locals go to get food. I was pleasantly surprised by the room! It consisted of a queen bed, a small desk and chair, two sets of drawers and a small television. The private covered balcony just exceeded my expectations. It was huge, but not super private. The two rooms next to us had balconies right next to ours. The bathroom was standard, and I just loved the shower head. The ambiance of the room was very personal and homey...not like the standard hotels you find at wild wood. The bed was a bit on the hard side but I never mind that. There was also a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The size of the fridge was nice and I could fit leftovers and a gallon on water easily in it. The cleaning ladies would come around 10 am every day and cleaned our room when we were on the balcony. Sometimes they would just change out the towels. Every morning free coffee tea and pastries were served in the gift shop. The beach was about 5 minutes from the room and not too crowded. This motel offers a lot of public deck space to watch the sun rise or set. Also there is a deli right next door to get some tasty cheese steaks.

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, and relatively cheap (AAA discount as well) place to stay and enjoy the beach Jolly Roger Motel is it! I really loved this place!

Room Tip: Queen with private balcony is the best bet! I had number 7 and it was perfect!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cynthia K

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife and 17 month old daughter along with my parents stayed for the weekend. The Jolly Roger was clean and the staff/owners were very friendly. Having the beach and a great deli next the property was also a huge plus. They have a sundeck on the roof where you can enjoy your morning coffee and breakfast or just relax and get some sun.

We hope to return next year and enjoy another memorable trip! Thanks for the stuffed dolphin:)

Room Tip: Bring your pack n play when traveling with a baby
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank HP201
Clifton, NJ
Reviewed August 2, 2011

When we decided (my friend and I) to go to LBI for a few days it was already July. I checked on line and actually the Jolly Roger was the only motel left with an available room. I booked the room and hoped for the best. Well, it was more than a pleasant surprise! The location is great - just yards from the beach! Our room was tastefully decorated, very clean, and had a view of the ocean. There is also a roof top deck with an absolutely beautiful view! We were nicely greeted upon check in and taken on a tour of the motel and then escorted to our room by the owner. Each morning we were treated to muffins, danish, and coffee and greeted by the owner, Pat, and her son, Paul. Everyone was friendly and very helpful with tips on good restaurants, sites, etc. In fact the entire staff is so nice. The Jolly Roger is more like an Inn or B&B than a motel. I plan on returning in the fall for a nice week-end getaway. This will be my place of choice when vacationing on LBI - the best lodging on the entire island!! Try it, you'll love it!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeniseClifton_NJ
Danville, PA
Reviewed September 19, 2010

After doing much research of their website, we arrived late Friday night to a key on our door. The next morning the "manager" informed us that they did not allow children and that our 11 month old was not welcome at their motel. She said it was policy, but nowhere on their website did it say that. We supposedly could register him and pay 150 extra bucks a night extra or leave. We left because of how nasty and rude she was, not to mention how ridiculously uncomfy the beds were. The room was clean, the view was amazing, but these people just are not hospitable! My advice for anyone would be to check into staying somewhere else on the island.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
19 Thank Cameronsmama09
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I wasn't sure what to expect when we checked in to the Jolly Roger. I have stayed on LBI at almost every hotel/motel. I was very pleased with it being a direct shot across the st. from the beach. Room had a comfortable bed, TV with more channels than I was used to, a larger than normal hotel fridge, and very large windows. It was only a 1 night getaway and we were very pleased.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EamonKid
ny, ny
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I was shocked to read the great reviews of this place. When we checked in, I wanted to cry. It was dank, dark and worn. I would never stay there again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank gemrocker
New York
Reviewed April 29, 2009

After staying at several other motels in LBI I certainly feel that this place deserves to be mentioned. I enyojed a few days of relaxing and surfing in LBI in the summer of 2008 and came across this nice motel.

The rooms are clean and cheap and the place is quiet and located with a great ocean view (at least from the patio). The rooms are clean and some of them come with large terraces. There is a roof deck which is perfect for enjoying the sunsets. The place has a great location at the quiet southern tip of the island.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
#4 of 7 in Beach Haven
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township

Been to Jolly Roger Motel? Share your experiences!