“Such A Great Experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lorry's Island End Motel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed April 22, 2008

My girlfriend and I just experienced a much need time away. I am an accountant/surfer and just got done tax season and was looking for a quiet, reasonable and peaceful location to relax at for the weekend.
From the minute we arrived at Lorry’s the built up stress began to leave our bodies. The whole staff was very genuine, kind and welcomed us warm heartedly.

I am sold on this end of the island because it is very quiet, close to the beach but also some of the great LBI attractions are very close.

If you are looking for glam and glitz go to AC. IF you are looking for tranquility with the likes of an East Hampton B&B stay at Lorry’s.

And don’t forget to pack you food! They have grills that are waiting to be fired up!

Happy Summer!
Troy W.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lorry's Island End Motel

Reviewed March 28, 2008

my mom and i have been going here since i was about 10 or 11. and i'm almost 15 and planning to stay there again this summer. Its almost a tradition really. my mom always went to Beach Haven when she was little and ever since its like we cannot have a summer without even a weekend visit.....and that means alot because we come from KY. ANYWAY, the owner is nice and is easy to have a conversation with. the rooms are always clean when we arrive.(...its not like they can get every grain of sand people). the restaurants are awesome...Chicken or the Egg? rocks my socks. lol. the shopping very cool as well. the little boutiques are interesting and OMG the fudge from Country Kettle....to die for.
Lorry's Island End = beach haven would make no sense without it. =]

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Due to an unexpected change in plans I was able to take some vacation time from work in September -the week following Labor Day Weekend. Because the weather was nice, I knew I wanted to spend time down at the Beach. I have stayed at Lorry's in the past during the Peak of the Season and had no complaints about the rooms or service. This time was no different even though I was coming in as about 98% of the visitors were just checking out, since the Season was officially over.The Staff was friendly and helpful; My room was clean and neat; the microwave, TV and refrigerator in working order and the bathroom spotless. The Courtyard area was inviting, with no bees or flies in sight, the picnic tables & grills clean and ready to go even though it was the day after Labor Day!
I have always liked the location of the Motel-within walking distance of the Bay and Ocean, situated in a quiet neighborhood, yet a short drive to the center of Beach Haven where the shopping,restaurants and nightlife can be found.
I expect to return to Lorry's whenever I plan to stay on LBI.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank foxtrot13
Reviewed December 5, 2007

I read some pretty bad reviews on this site, but I figured how bad can it be? Well, it was bad. The room was not only dirty, but overrun by flies. When we told the staff about the fly problem, they said they knew about it, but didn't offer to do anything. There were so many flies in the room that we went out and bought (with our own money) a couple of fly strips and hung them up. We then passed our time having races to see which fly strip could catch more flies. Do you want to stay in a room with flies landing on you? Do you even want to remove your clothing in a room where flies land on you? No, I didn't either. We slept in our clothes. In the bed that was shoved into the L shaped portion of the room, and fit precisely so that walls surrounded the bed on three sides. The only way to enter the bed was to sit on the end and crawl and shove yourself up onto it. During our stay I found a bin of take-out food condiments in a cabinet, full of little packages of mayo, mustard, maple flavored syrup, jam, ketchup and the like. The bin was sticky, as were the packets and this was probably what the flies were attracted to. It is beyond me that if I could find it, the staff didn't find this when they cleaned the room. But, one of the worst things about Lorry's is that the last time I was in LBI, in October of 2007, the local newspaper had printed a letter by the owner of Lorry's. The owner wrote that he is tired of the cops targeting his place, keeping watch on Lorry's and running plate checks on the cars parked outside. He went on to say that he rents to illegal transient workers and that he thought he had an 'understanding' with the police that they would stop targeting his motel. This sent up every red flag I could think of. Avoid Lorry's and be safe; if you stay there, you are staying in a motel with people who are being watched by the police. And you will be watched as well.

Stayed: May 2007
6  Thank SaltWaterTaffy
LorrysMotel, owner at Lorry's Island End Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2007

They waited 7 months from their stay to write the review. If the problem was as bad as this person says (which I doubt), they should have talked to the owner (which they did not). As the owner, I post my picture on our website to let everyone know we try very hard to clean our rooms and please our customers. In fact my cell phone number IS POSTED IN EVERY ROOM and next to the office door so people can call me if they can't talk to me in person. About their room, there are already 2 reviews posted that rated this room and our motel a 5.0. These 2 reviews are "Perfect" dated July 19, 07 and "The Best Place On The Island" dated July 21, 07. Most of our customers give us good reviews of a 4.0 or a 5.0. If we get a bad review, I take it to heart. They never contacted the owner (me) to this day. If there was ketchup, mustard, syrup and jam that were left in the room and overlooked by the cleaning staff, they should have thrown it out rather than leave it in their room to continue to attract flies. Concerning their room, we post pictures of all the rooms, and their room not only had the room pictures but the room measurements as well. We post OVER 140 PICTURES on our website so everyone can see our motel and the area before they come, as we want to make our customers happy. As for the police, Long Beach Island is a safe island because of the police. You were untruthful when you say we have "illegal workers" staying in the off season and winter months. Since we are a successful business, I feel that we should give back to the community (and we do in many ways). In the off season and winter months, we rent to the local workers that need affordable housing to work in the area. I invite you to call me and come to our motel and see that these local workers are not illegal. I invite everyone else to come and see that we have a safe and clean motel.

Thank You for being able to respond.

Reviewed October 19, 2007

I have been a regular beachcomber of LBI for the past 30 years of my life. I've seen it go thru many changes - yet it still sustains it's charming simplicity. One of the best surprises was finding Lorry's & having one of the most pleasant experiences of staying on the island. It's location is one of the best - you can hear the ocean surf & the balcony provides a view of both the ocean & the bay. It is within walking distance to one of the most beautiful beaches of the world & a wildlife preserve that is a treasure for explorers. But, by far, the best part of it all was the staff that made our stay so wonderful. I feel blessed to have been served by them as they were all so genuinely nice, personable & heartwarming people. I would highly recommend this island gem & will definetely be returning again.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed October 9, 2007

I have stayed at Lorry's several times over the last few years and always have an enjoyable vacation. Bill and the Staff are friendly and available if you need anything or have questions, without being intrusive. And Yes, they do listen to & act on suggestions that guests may have to make their stay and the motel better.

Lorry's is near the Beach, the Bay and the Wildlife Preserve in a quiet, residential neighborhood, but only a few minutes away from the restaurants and activities in the center of Beach Haven. The location is excellent.

You can hear the ocean from the second floor deck. The courtyard below is a pleasant place with gardens,Gazebo, chairs & tables if you want to eat outside & 3 grills to cook your own meals if you wish. The rooms are equipted with a full size refrigerator & Microwave. The rooms have central air, so there is no loud air conditioner running or blocking the light from the windows!

The information given on their Website is complete, accurate and straight forward.

Reviewed October 8, 2007

Lorry's is a quaint little place at the end of LBI. We have stayed for years on the island, but this is the first time that we have traveled so far to island's end. The place is very reasonable, and they offer a free continental breakfast to start you out for the day. They have a common area with BBQ grills, which is great to help save money, and they have a nice view of the sunset, right from the deck. Also, the point of the island is a great place for surfing any time of day. No lifeguards and not too crowded. Thanks, guys! It was great meeting you and we hope to come back next season!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beach Haven
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Sea Spray Motel
Sea Spray Motel
#9 of 12 in Beach Haven

Been to Lorry's Island End Motel? Share your experiences!