The Sea Spray Motel is located between the Beach Haven business district and Holgate, a quieter place than the middle of town. I spent two nights off season in a basic queen bed room @ about $85 per night (decent price, booked when I arrived on LBI). In-season rates are considerably higher . . . check the website. The room included private bath, tiny microwave, decent dorm refrigerator, desk, cable TV, tiny table and a reasonably comfortable bed. Flooring was a Pergo-like laminate, and the room was immaculate.
The Sea Spray offers your basic, thin-towels lodging. The best feature is the handicapped access path to the beach immediately across the boulevard. It's incredibly easy to pop over with a beach chair, sit by the surf, and pop back. Free, onsite parking is easy. The motel also offers larger rooms with full kitchens, up to a 3BR unit. I didn't see any of those myself, but it seems like the kind of place that would cater to family groups in season. There is a decent pool, and games like beanbag toss and lawn bowling are available for guest use. The staff members were nice. The ice machine that serves the whole motel was broken for several days when I was there, with only a mini cooler of ice available until repairs could be made. Check out is 11:00 a.m., with no flexibility.
One suggestion: Be sure to ask for an updated room, just in case there are some that haven't been spruced up lately. I had an upstairs room, and there was little sound transmission.
Bonus: Coupons were available in the office for discounts at local breakfast places and RonJon Surf Shop.
I will return for more off season visits. Have to see the rates before considering summertime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Spray Motel is located at the Southern End of Long Beach Island. We are just steps to the Beach and Bayfront. Nestled in a secluded residential neighborhood one mile south from the center of Beach Haven you will enjoy the beach, heated pool and lounge area, picnic area with gas grills and tables in a clean, quiet, well maintained, family oriented environment. Sound like an LBI paradise? Warning: you may not want to leave our premise. Yet the lore of the Queen City abounds. Beach Haven has offered world class resort entertainment for centuries. All motel rooms are well equipped including refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, cable tv, ac, heat, phone, and wifi is available. We also offer efficiency and suites. The motel is across the street from the life guarded, fishing and surfing beaches. We will provide beach badges. We offer free off street parking. Our large in ground pool offers an area to lounge in the sun and umbrella covered tables. We access a several mile bike lane passing the motel. Basket ball hoop area and ping pong table for more fun in the sun. Our staff attends to details and are willing to assist. We look forward to accommodating you visit.Thank you for choosing the Sea Spray Motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sea Spray Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Spray Hotel Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven