Sea Spray Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Buccaneer Motel(Beach Haven)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Jolly Roger Motel(Beach Haven)
Engleside Inn(Beach Haven)
View Hotel
Spray Beach Hotel(Beach Haven)
View Hotel
Haven Beach Motel(Beach Haven)
View Hotel
Long Beach Inn(Beach Haven)
View Hotel
All reviewsping pongacross the streetpicnic tables and grillscleaned dailyonly thing i would changebasic beach hotelample towelsbasketball courtfamilies with young childrenfantasy islandminute drivebasic accommodationsmini refrigerator and microwavenice poollast summerbedroom efficiencyoffice staff
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for the second year in a row this past August.
Great amenities. Pool is clean.
Beach access is directly across the street. It's away from all the hustle and is very quiet. A great spot for people who just want to relax and don't need all the excitement of being mid-island.
We will be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We decided to go to Beach Haven for Labor Day weekend. Based on so many positive reviews about this place I decided to give it a try. I had gone there with 2 toddlers, my husband and my parents. As soon as we entered the room the horrible smell hit us like a truck. It smelled of dirt and mildew. The rooms look like they have not been updated since the early 80s. The staff is not friendly. The wifi did not work half the time even though I had paid for it. The best part? When I had gotten there I was told that they "don't allow" air beds. Why would they not allow air beds when every other hotel in the free world does? Not sure and I never bothered to find out. My guess is it's because they want you to use their smelly cots so they can charge you for them daily. I really don't understand how anybody could give this place a good review. They really need to renovate, or at the very least, get rid of that smell. Needless to say, we will not come back here and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank tanyag_10
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We took a chance booking our summer vacation here, without benefit of a personal reference and it really paid off. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The facilities are very well kept and clean. We constantly saw housekeeping staff mopping the floors outside room doors and the grounds being maintained. Keep in mind, this is not a 5 star luxury hotel, but the facilities make for a fun and convenient beach vacation. The ping pong table, foosball table and bean bag toss made for hours of family competition. The poolside picnic tables were a nice alternative to eating out or in our room. We did not make use of the gas grills, but those would have been great, had we planned to cook meals.

The beach is just across the street and the motel provided us with beach passes. Stores, restaurants and the Fantasy Island arcade are a short 1.5 mile drive away. The motel does not provide pool towels, which would have been convenient. Instead, we used beach chairs and a large beach blanket to keep our beach towels free from sand, so they could be used at the pool. Plenty of lounge chairs and several tables with umbrellas are poolside. The pool was heated and large, with 3-4 foot and 6-8 foot depths.

During our stay, most guests were families with young children. The environment, staff and guest were family friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PaulTravel25
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The best place to stay on Long Beach Island. Everyone there is really nice and the location is great, right across the street from the beach. I've stayed here three time before and we will definitely be staying there again next summer!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've been going to LBI for years and always rented a house, but recently found myself sneaking in an extra few days here and there...therefore the hotel. I must say, I really love this place! My room was clean and quiet, the parking was free, the property was super-clean and new-looking (I can only assume they did some renovating after Sandy), and the pool was sparkly and large enough to not feel crowded. Their clientele, mostly families, were respectful of others (no unattended kids, no hogging the picnic tables or barbecues, no littering or foul language), and it's a quick walk across a quiet street to the beautiful, ample beach (the sand must have been replenished after Sandy). The biggest draw for me was that the hotel is on the uncrowded south end of the island and you can actually BREATHE. Very little congestion, no huge crowds, just very peaceful (kind of a throwback to what the rest of the island was like in the 70s). The hotel charges for internet service (I think it was $6.95 a day) so that was a bummer, but the price of the room in general was very affordable, even for August. Will definitely go back to the Sea Spray.

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the street (as opposed to the pool) are quiet because it's generally a quiet street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo