We decided to go to Beach Haven for Labor Day weekend. Based on so many positive reviews about this place I decided to give it a try. I had gone there with 2 toddlers, my husband and my parents. As soon as we entered the room the horrible smell hit us like a truck. It smelled of dirt and mildew. The rooms look like they have not been updated since the early 80s. The staff is not friendly. The wifi did not work half the time even though I had paid for it. The best part? When I had gotten there I was told that they "don't allow" air beds. Why would they not allow air beds when every other hotel in the free world does? Not sure and I never bothered to find out. My guess is it's because they want you to use their smelly cots so they can charge you for them daily. I really don't understand how anybody could give this place a good review. They really need to renovate, or at the very least, get rid of that smell. Needless to say, we will not come back here and would not recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Spray Motel is located at the Southern End of Long Beach Island. We are just steps to the Beach and Bayfront. Nestled in a secluded residential neighborhood one mile south from the center of Beach Haven you will enjoy the beach, heated pool and lounge area, picnic area with gas grills and tables in a clean, quiet, well maintained, family oriented environment. Sound like an LBI paradise? Warning: you may not want to leave our premise. Yet the lore of the Queen City abounds. Beach Haven has offered world class resort entertainment for centuries. All motel rooms are well equipped including refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, cable tv, ac, heat, phone, and wifi is available. We also offer efficiency and suites. The motel is across the street from the life guarded, fishing and surfing beaches. We will provide beach badges. We offer free off street parking. Our large in ground pool offers an area to lounge in the sun and umbrella covered tables. We access a several mile bike lane passing the motel. Basket ball hoop area and ping pong table for more fun in the sun. Our staff attends to details and are willing to assist. We look forward to accommodating you visit.Thank you for choosing the Sea Spray Motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Sea Spray Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Spray Hotel Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven