Summary: Perfect for families with young children. A quiet alternative to locations closer to the more commercial locations. Very close proximity to beach. Very friendly staff. Great value.
We found this through Tripadvisor and became intrigued after reading negative reviews about a 10PM curfew. Our assumption was that this rule was in place to cater more to those seeking something more tranquil as opposed to a rowdy beach bar scene, or perhaps for families looking for some quality family time. These assumptions proved correct. Harry and the staff, from front desk to maintenance, were all exceptional. The cost of the rooms in peak season could not be beat. We loved the very clean and well kept in-ground pool (perfect for the little ones), natural gas grills for those Do-it-Yourself cooks, ping pong, foosball, basketball and ample parking. So nice to be able to come back to your room after a fun filled and action packed day and get a good night's rest to recharge for the following day.
As far as motels go, this is by far one of the best I've seen. Rooms are clean, well maintained and management clearly takes pride in making sure everything works. But at the end of the day, it is a motel, so one should be realistic in what to expect from the rooms. Windows generally face one side and can be dark depending on the location of the room (our room was south facing). Bath towels are on the small side, but certainly useable. The only real issue we had was a general 'mustiness' of the rooms. One of the two rooms that we booked had it worse. Please note that this was IMMEDIATELY addressed by the attentive staff (disinfection/ionization/etc) with no questions asked. After being treated it was much better, but you still noticed the smell. Perhaps it was the carpeting of our rooms and the moisture getting trapped in the fabric. We did notice some other rooms that had hardwood floors and were possibly better. However, this could be a dilemma since the second floor rooms can transfer noise to the lower level without the carpet. In the end, considering the relatively low cost, excellent service, proximity to beach, pool, grills (will be more prepared next time!) and ample parking, it's a no brainer that we would consider coming back. I would not be surprised to see the Sea Spray continue to evolve and improve and give the pricier LBI "hotels and resorts" a run for their money. Service can be taught only so much. Most has to be from a genuine desire to accomodate customers, and it is here where the Sea Spray shines. Would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Spray Motel is located at the Southern End of Long Beach Island. We are just steps to the Beach and Bayfront. Nestled in a secluded residential neighborhood one mile south from the center of Beach Haven you will enjoy the beach, heated pool and lounge area, picnic area with gas grills and tables in a clean, quiet, well maintained, family oriented environment. Sound like an LBI paradise? Warning: you may not want to leave our premise. Yet the lore of the Queen City abounds. Beach Haven has offered world class resort entertainment for centuries. All motel rooms are well equipped including refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, cable tv, ac, heat, phone, and wifi is available. We also offer efficiency and suites. The motel is across the street from the life guarded, fishing and surfing beaches. We will provide beach badges. We offer free off street parking. Our large in ground pool offers an area to lounge in the sun and umbrella covered tables. We access a several mile bike lane passing the motel. Basket ball hoop area and ping pong table for more fun in the sun. Our staff attends to details and are willing to assist. We look forward to accommodating you visit.Thank you for choosing the Sea Spray Motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sea Spray Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Spray Hotel Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven