“Pricey, tasteless and rude”

Uncle Will's Pancake House
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: 2017 Marks Tom's 23rd year as the proprietor of Uncle Will's. In 1996, Margie came to Beach Haven. She worked as a hostess the summer of 1996 and soon after Tom & she started dating. They married in 1999 and have been working side by side at Uncle Will's ever since. Along with the ever growing and changing Uncle Will's staff/family, they have maintained the original charm of Uncle Will's & have added some updates (including dinner in 2007!) That have helped Uncle Will's to be a mainstay in town & a special place for families to return to each year when they vacation on LBI. When Sandy hit in October, 2012, Uncle Will's was flooded by over four feet of water. It was a sad & devastating event but thanks to months of endless work, Tom rebuilt Uncle Will's with the help of talented friends, Filemon, Willie, and multiple professionals whose skills and labor brought Uncle Will's back to life. We reopened in March, 2013 and are glad to be a part of the community again. The history of Uncle Will's would not be complete without recognizing, with true gratitude & love, our loyal customers. We have been fortunate to have met such wonderful people through the years. Families have grown before our eyes! We've shared in your laughter and joy, your tears and sadness, & we look forward to seeing you every time you enter our door. We cannot thank you enough for your support. And to all of the customers we are meeting for the first time, "Welcome!"
Upper Montclair, New Jersey
“Pricey, tasteless and rude”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Been going to the restaurant as long as I can remember. Prices have skyrocketed. The breakfast is ok but not exceptional (food came lukewarm). For the first time this year the service was nasty and rushed. Like we were cattle being rushed in and out. The waitress keep hitting the back of my chair to get to the table behind us. A baby sitting 12 inches from my arm keep throwing things at our table. I was very disappointed when I went to pay for the bill. The waitress/owner (?) told me they only accept cash or checks not credit cards. When I said I didn't have enough I was asked to leave my credit card at the register and go outside to find an atm machine down the road in a supermarket. I had four young children with me. I found this unacceptable. There were no signs posted outside. The small atm machines are privately owned with minimum security - charging me to use it. As a finance officer in a large bank everyone knows not to use these machines but my card was being held hostage. What garbage. Too bad Uncle WIll's the aggregation came out of the tip. Your not worth the trip anymore:( Bad Business!!!!

Visited August 2011

“THE ONLY PLACE FOR BREAKFAST!”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The best pancakes, omlettes, coffee, service, EVER! When we think LBI, we think UNCLE WILL'S! yum!!!! (But remember to bring cash...they don't take credit cards.)

Visited August 2011
Charlottesville, VA
“Fine”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Had a party of eight and this spot was a few steps away from the rental so it worked well for breakfast one day. Pretty standard pancake house, I went for an omelet that was fine, wife had a fruit plate and muffiin which she really enjoyed, heard from other members of the party that the blueberry pacakes were nothing to write home about. Good service, little pricey, which is normal for LBI. Probably would try another spot before going back.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Stadiaguy
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Must have been an off morning”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Took my family in March. In the off season. On a weekday morning. Maybe they were short staffed, but it looked like they had enough workers. Anyway, we waited for just about everything. Toast came burned. It was hard to get a cup of coffee.
Although the menu was definitely interesting, none of the items ordered was very special, more bland than anything.
For the prices paid and the slow service, it will not get another visit from my family.
(The pig in the chair was cool though...too bad he didn't sit at our table!)

• Visited March 2011
New Jersey
“Good but Pricey”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Spent the weekend on Long Beach Island. Stopped into Uncle Will's Pancake House for breakfast. Since our visit was on a weekday any the "official season" is not yet in full swing, the restaurant was not crowded at all. We were seated immediately. Our waitress came by with coffee and promptly took our orders. My husband had the pecan pancakes, a side of bacon and a side of homefires. I ordered 2 eggs over easy which came with toast and home fries. Food was served very quickly and it was hot and ver good. Total bill was $27....................for breakfast!!!! Thought that was a little high but I guess everything is a little pricey at the shore.

• Visited June 2011