“Lovely view, and best crab cakes ever!”
Review of Boat House Restaurant - CLOSED

Boat House Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Lovely view, and best crab cakes ever!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great location -- sunset on the bay; the food was delicious, and the crab cakes were the best I've ever had.

Visited July 2012

Forked River, New Jersey
“Best Bay-View On and Seafood on The Island”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

If you are looking for stellar seafood with the best bay-view on the Island, go to The Boat House. I have never been more satisfied with my entire dinning experience. This restaurant has it all. Aesthetically, the dinning area was simple, yet it had the feel of an upscale restaurant. We were sat right on the bay around sunset. The view was unbelievable; next time I am bringing my camera. My family and I instantly knew from our waiter's greeting, smile, and genuine interest that we were in good hands. He insisted on opening our wine, gave us an ice bucket, and wine glasses (this place is BYOB by the way!). We ordered the Fried Calamari and Crab Nachos for our appetizers. My kids will not stop talking about how great the Crab Nachos were. For my entree I ordered the Seafood Trio because I wanted a little bit of everything this place had to offer. The Seafood Trio includes salmon, grilled shrimp, and a lump of crab cake. You can tell that the seafood was local and that the food was made on premise. Overall, although The Boat House is slightly pricey, you get what you pay for: excellent service, a marvelous bay-view, and amazing seafood!

Forked River, New Jersey
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I went into the Boathouse tonight with a couple friends and had a great time! The restaurant was full but the wait was not long at all. We ordered Crab Nachos for the table and it was terrific, the portion size is rather big and it was enough for the four of us to share. Our service was great and our dinner came out rather quickly for being such a busy Saturday night. I ordered the special Mako fish and it was delicious, I highly recommend that. All in all, our experience at the Boathouse was great!!! Outstanding service, food and amazing bay views at sunset! Definitely will be heading back to the Boathouse again soon!

Tampa,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great family dinner”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Asked a local on beach recommendation for seafood. Our first trip to LBI, family of 8, on a Saturday night..... Wow, what a great find. Water front table ready when we got there (we had called) appetizers were great ( the Calamari was near me, and I loved it,). Variety of meals ordered, and everyone raved! I'll mutilate the entre names, but I got the parchment cooked white fish, and my daughter couldnt finish the lobster Mac and cheese, so I helped! Delightful, unusual and great. Wife had shrimp pasta and raved, son had traditional whole lobster. Not a miss on our order. Location, view as the sun was sinking, great memorable family dinner. This is what summers and beach are meant to be.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ben D
Beach Haven, New Jersey
“Always dissapointed when I go here”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Small portions, terrible service, overpriced, mediocre food - there are far better places on LBI to go for a good meal.