“Inconsistent”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Yorktown Heights, New York
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had happy hour drinks and dinner at Tuckers on our annual visit to LBI. Happy Hour was great and the nachos we had at the bar were fabulous. The bartenders were attentive and we were excited for dinner. Our hubbies and kids joined us for dinner (11 in total) and the meal was a bit disappointing. The owl burger was a hockey puck, while my flounder francaise was tasty. A few had a pasta dish with seafood and raved about it yet the fish and chips were stringy...very wierd consistency. A whole lobster was delivered and as the waiter set it down HE said it looked over cooked and unacceptable. He took it back and we waited a looooooong time for a replacement. With such a large table we would've expected he comp the meal but all he did was give the guy who ordered the lobster a free beer on the house. Not the service I would expect...Bottom line...check it out for Happy Hour but think about skipping dinner OR have the pasta seafood dish.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank TCento

Westchester, New York, United States
“Good food ok ambience”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We were specifically looking for a place that had BYOB and we could watch the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. We settled on this place because it had TVA but is not BYOB. As it turned out we couldn't even enjoy the show because there was no volume or even closed captioning. Aside from it being a bit noisy, a broken glass and a lightbulb that kept flickering, the food was very good. My friend did feel very I'll that night but we can't be sure it was the Chiopino. Everything else was very good.

mahwah nj usa
“what happened? used to be good but now its terrible”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

worst fish and chips i ever had. 3 big logs od breaded frozen fish deep fried. it was still frozen in the middle

Visited August 2012
Branchburg, New Jersey
“Wow Ive never had an experience like this at a restaurant in my life !!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family and i frequent LBI quite a number of times throughout the year. We also frequent Tuckers restaurant in Beach Haven.....and quite honestly usually have a very good experience...but im Livid tonight, as ive never had an experience at a restaurant in my life like this. My Son ordered a Prime Rib sandwich. It was un- etible to say the least. It was complete fat. Honestly my wife had the Prime Rib meal and it was very good, some fat as expected. The bottom line though is that this piece if meat shouldnt have been put on a sandwich. My son was disappointed and I gave him my pasta dish to eat. I tried to eat his meal but couldnt. I am not one to complain or return food at restaurants...thats just the way i am. But the waiter saw the situation with the food and suggested that he talk to the manager, We didnt even suggest that he do so. Well the short story is that the manager would not only not do anything...but actually insulted us, as suggest that we not visit the restaurant again!!! Wow...I assume that he wasnt having a good night...but he shouldnt be in this business. I asked to speak to one of his superiors, and he handed me the generic card for the restaurant and suggested that i talk to the owned.....and he said that she wouldnt be back for 3 months !!!! Please dont frequent this restaurant...we surely wont again !!!

Visited August 2012
Morganville, New Jersey, United States
“Best lunch on the Island”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed in Beach Haven for 4 days. We had restaurant suggestions from friends that took us to different towns on LBI. We stayed "on the beach" on Engleside Avenue. We were leaving on Monday and after a morning at the beach, we had one more restaurant to try. It turned out that Tuckers was very close just off the Bay side. Our lunch there (three salads and a fish taco) were great. The staff was accomodating and the food great. A great lunch. Marlboro, NJ.

• Visited August 2012