“Best Seafood, great Atmosphere”
Review of The Clam Bar

The Clam Bar
Ranked #22 of 92 Restaurants in Beach Haven
“Best Seafood, great Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place is the best, semi circle bar seating, intimate space, Nell takes care of you and everyone else at the same time...respect! Eyes in the back of her head, watching everyone, making sure they have what they need before they know they need it. Resilient restaurant curator...Kudos to Nell! Love ya! See you this week;).
The Harnetts.

Somerville, New Jersey
“Best Seafood on the Island”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

You won't find better seafood in LBI but the place can be a little quirky. When you arrive, write your name on the board and wait outside if there are no available seats. However - after going for 10+ years we've now just learned if you're a party of 2 and there are no other 2s in front of you AND the side tables are open, just check and you can seat yourself. Also, no cell phones!

Menu is on the board and specials are underneath. I highly recommend the sauteed mussels and if they have the soft-shell crab, get that. Scallops, oysters and fried seafood combo are also excellent. This isn't a spot for young kids since you have to sit on barstools but older ones would like it and can get fried flounder or shrimp.

Only open Memorial Day - Labor Day.

1 Thank ahoy718
Randolph, New Jersey
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Are you looking for some raw clams or oysters? How about a soft-shell crab sandwich, chowder or other freshly cooked seafood? You want to have a unique experience?

This place is amazing known to locals and their friends.

The experience is not just having the amazingly fresh seafood sitting around a bar, You may feel a "Twilight Zone" moment (in a good way)

The signs on the walls with many many rules are a treat (NO CELL PHONES, NO WAITING INSIDE)

Actually, the manager, Nell..("Diva") is very friendly and shucks and cooks most of the specialties herself. The clam chowders are excellent.

This place is a gem.
BYOB and bring some cash (no credit cards), it is pricey.

East Freedom, Pennsylvania
“Good food Good prices”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Nothing fancy. Just good food at a decent price. It wasn't crowded when we went on June 26 but Beach Haven wasn't really busy either. I will go back.

new jersey
“Fresh Seasfood @ Reasonable Prices on LBI”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Whenever I am on Long beach island I always end up at some fancy over priced restaurant where the waiter looks like he is doing me a favor waiting on me and charging me $35.00 for two shrimp carved up to look like a gargoyle. The fat man likes good food served in a modest setting. This place looks like
an old house remodeled into an eatery. As you enter there is a huge sign”no cell phones”,and a stern faced madame letting you know this is food joint not some yup head chat and mix bistro.We love fresh flounder so we ordered a plate of the stuff. It was so fresh I could still taste the bay. I had a bowl of red clam chowder. In front of me was a bucket of the real deal oysterettes My bowl looked like it has 20 snowballs floating in it. There was a huge amount of real clams in it. It had the right blend of spices and potatoes. French fries have no taste they absorb their flavor from the oil they are cooked in. That oil was fresh and laid in a very nice crunchy taste. We also had an order of clam casino which the madame who runs the joint has invented. Was it my favorite,no,but huge clams and nice flavor. My only regret was not getting the clam strips..When an oder passed me by I wanted to have one more entrée but at that juncture I was full.$32.00 was the tab and that included my drink. When you go in be ready with an order,no cell phone,and try to grab a seat .The clams and mussels are very large and the price is very reasonable for LBI.

• Visited June 2014