“Awesome Bar”

Buckalew's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #17 of 91 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Awesome Bar”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is an awesome bar. They have surprisingly good sushi and a piano player sometimes that is off the charts. They have other bands too sometimes, but go for the piano player. They have some nice beers too. If I was to go to one bar in Beach Haven, it would be Buckalew's.

Visited August 2012

Rochester, New York
“good dinner”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice restaurant with bar. Good food and pleasant surroundings. Also have a sushi menu, but old favorites also such as meatloaf, steak, and fish. We would go back

Visited May 2013
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last night for our anniversary on the recommendation of a friend. It was my first time in Beach Haven and we were so glad we picked Buckalews. We sat at a booth in the bar so it was a little loud, which was not ideal. When we go again, we will ask to sit on the patio. But the food more than made up for any bar chatter. I had the filet and it was melt in your mouth good. My boyfriend had the prime rib and thought it was fantastic! The wine choices were surprising as well.

We really had a great time and played some shuffleboard after dinner too!

• Visited May 2013
Hartsdale, New York
“Only if starving!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Been there a few times -- service bad, food mediocre. We were there with out of town people and brought them in for their anniversary...and regreted it. I don't have much to say about the food or service outside of bottled drinks.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank scarvalho7
“Great shore bar!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My party of 5 dined at Buckalew's last month for the first time since the storm, and we loved the new decor! The bar looks great, clean and fresh. I have to say I'm surprised by the bad reviews, because everyone at our table was happy with the food. Stephanie was our server, and really made our experience at "Bucks" enjoyable. She was very knowledgeable about the menu. The other staff smiles as you walk by as well. They suggested we take a look at the renovated dining room, which is a HUGE improvement from what it was. Nice black table cloths and new chairs it looks like. I know this place gets crazy busy in the summer, so be prepared for a wait. From my experience though, Buckalews is worth it!

• Visited March 2013