“Say "NO" to Buckalew's!!!!”

Buckalew's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Say "NO" to Buckalew's!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We arrived around 5:30, so we were seated promptly. Dining room was attractive. However, the flounder & chips were horrible. The flounder was flavorless and soggy. Even the chips were limp & pathetic. My husband's filet mignon- a flat piece of meat and the mashed potatoes were sadly mediocre at best. When the bill came my husband discovered that the charges did not match what we ordered! The waiter explained that he charged the table next door's bill to our card ( it was a party of 8). I would suggest that they stick to bar food. However, if you can't get fish & chips right-- There is no hope. Definitely not worth the money!!!

Visited July 2011
5 Thank Sandy46933

Beach Haven, New Jersey
“Don't waste your money ... Food was horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had a group of 10 people for dinner. Food was horrible. Way over priced, too.

Quality of food no better than a chain restaurant ... I ordered Grilled Eggplant Parmesan. Came with 4 thin slices of eggplant that were almost raw just laying side by side on plate. I knew they wouldn't be breaded but aside from a couple of light grill marks, it looked and tasted like it was boiled. They smothered the top with diced tomatoes (canned!) and that was it. Looked and tasted terrible.

I normally would have sent it back except two of us at the table ordered it and all the food took FOREVER to come out and we had plans after dinner so we were in a hurry.

Husband got a Mahi Mahi special. For the cost he got the tiniest piece of fish. All the sides of corn on the cob looked and tasted like they were reheated from night before.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Shame ... it was my birthday dinner, too.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank cat727
“Forget it about it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Food is mediocre. The service was poor and the wait was long.

2 Thank Tastydiva
“GREAT EVERYTHING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

After walking out of The Marlin due to pothetic service, we walked across the street. And was seated immediately on a very busy 4th of july evening, the food was excellent (all of it) our waitress Jamie, if i remember correctly was one of the best servers i have ever encountered. My grandmother spilled her wine on her dinner and the glass broke on the floor, the bussing staff took care of the mess in mere seconds we didnt have to look for service, it was there on its own (thank you Everette Jamie and Miguel). The ruined half eaten meal was replaced free of charge within 10min. The bar looked like a great place to watch the game or just hang out. Honestly iv been to the marlin before and the food is not up to or even close to par. Why we decided to give it a second chance is beyond me. They need to take lessons from Buckalew's.

Bronx NYC
“Hey, The Service Was Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I don't like to kick a restaurant when it's down but, I have to review this one. First off, the service was good. We had a lovely young woman named Erin who's father is a retired NYPD cop. She was on point, good to look at and very courteous. Our food didn't fare so well. My fish and chips had no flavor (how do you mess up fish and chips?) and the stuffed shrimps my wife ordered were O-K nothing to write home about. If you eat here do it if there are no other options and order the cheapest items on the menu.

• Visited June 2011