“A local favorite”

Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: When we boast that there is something for everyone, it's not without merit. There are classic items and ones that are completely original and unique. And then there are the wings... A lot of places talk a good buffalo wing, but the "Chegg" as it is now commonly known, truly delivers. The wings are big, juicy and available in 17 sauces, both Original Breaded, or Naked. The Chicken or the Egg has become know locally and Nationally for these big beauties. And best of all, the whole menu (breakfast too) is available 24 hours a day (in season). But for us, it's not just about the food. It's about family. It's about camaraderie. It' s about good times. So come io in and join the family. Join the fun. You'll be happy you did. Oh, and sorry about the lines. People dig us. But it' s worth the wait.
Holmdel, New Jersey
“A local favorite”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been going to the Chicken or the Egg (Chegg) for as long as I can remember. Every Wed. we used to go for the all you can eat wing special. I have never had anything that I haven't loved. My favorite sauce for the wings is Jamaican Jerk. If you are in the mood for a great pancake, try the Stoner Cakes (they are no longer on the menu, but they still make them by request).

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank CraigP375

“Excellent”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Amazing chicken awesome gravy great service and very cheap !Very zaftig wings. DELICIOUS.Good place to go for a family fun night or a night out with the buds.Chegg is one of the top ten of my restaurants in the U.S.A.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank LBIlover1216
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Family favorite!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A lifelong LBI visitor, we just began staying around the corner from Chicken or the Egg a few years ago. My huge family loves visiting for a cousin's breakfast every year, and we all find ourselves grabbing late-night snacks or bowls of chowder for lunch.
The food is so good, I can't stress that enough. Everything I've ever tried there has been delicious and has been served pretty quickly, considering how busy the place is at all times! The prices are a little bit high, though they fit right in on the island. The atmosphere of this diner is really fun- I never get tired of the funny paintings on the walls. The service is hit-or-miss; sometimes you can tell your server is just ready to leave, but sometimes the service is friendly and efficient. Either way it has never negatively impacted a visit. I can't wait to get back to the island this year, just to have some awesome food from Chicken or the Egg!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank coloradonaturalmama
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Amazing chicken awesome gravy great service and very cheap !The ludicrous is spicy but bearable,I still suggest you don't try it though:very affordable.if u like wings you'll love these.their wings are very zaftig.(big;juicy;rich)

2 Thank LBIlover1216
Saint-Denis, France
“WING NIGHT WEDNESDAY!!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

BEACH HAVEN...ON LONG BEACH ISLAND IN NEW JERSEY. My family and I started to go to WING NIGHT WEDNESDAY in the very early summer and we were hooked. We went EVERY Wednesday until Hurricane Sandy. I'm telling you, that place was amazing. I know they will come back. The restaurant has been there since the early 1990's. Mark is the Owner, and he is there EVERY DAY/NIGHT. He talks to everyone. All the servers are personable and have probably all been there since the 90's too, and that is not a complaint in any way shape or form. So, we've tried them breaded and Naked. I like mine Naked...LOL. The first time I ordered, I ordered the Naked Jamaican...can you imagine how that sounded? They have like 16 different levels...I made it up 12 of them! But I have to say My Favorite is the Naked Garlic Spice.
My 8 year old learned to eat wings...with sauce ON them. She still talks about it being her FAVORITE restaurant ever. She kept one of their Wing Wednesday menus and its posted permanently on her wall. My 15 year old, took his allowance and ordered from them every other day, but would save up for those Wednesdays, so he could order 4 different types of wings. HE was trying to make it to LUCRIDOUS...but realized that wasn't going top happen. He did get higher than me on the spicy hot chart.Yes, YES, we actually went there on other days too. There have breakfast at ANY time...any kind of breakfast food.
The decor is so adorable. Everything is covered with chicken/egg decor, and its tacky and amazingly crazy and wild ALL AT THE SAME TIME. The wait during the summertime is BRUTAL...I'm talking like 1-2 hours wait! especially on Wednesdays. Just be warned. But we always found it well worth it.

• Visited August 2012