“Disappointing”
Review of The Palm Tree

The Palm Tree
Ranked #69 of 93 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Reviewed August 8, 2013

So my husband and I get all dressed up for a night just the two of us at this restaurant. We had been there before with a whole bunch family several years ago, and thought it fit the bill of being a bit more upscale for our night out. We were seated right away (Wednesday evening) out on the covered outdoor dining area (not next to the music). Disgustingly, seagulls were being fed from A TABLE in the uncovered dining area outside. Gross! My husband ordered crab, got softshell, thought he was getting hardshell, asked for advice on eating it, server had no idea. Hmmm....then when he did eat it, it wasn't good and he did not even finish half. I had a chicken meal, but it was only average and my memory of it is overly-breaded and unsavory sauce. We didn't have dessert. It was definitely overpriced for the quality we experienced.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went to the shell for some fun. We spent 350 on apps before tip. Went to leave with the kids to drop them off to come back and were informed we would have to pay cover. That is not customer service and they dont care. Have hone for 10th years will NEVER be back.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been spending summers on LBI my entire life (39 years)...just last year, I found this restaurant! I knew about the hotel, just not the restaurant...anyway, my husband and I love this place. Oceanfront dining practically on the beach. Food is always good! We recently had the prime rib and it was so tender...french onion soup is pretty tasty, nice hot rolls with butter, yummy cucumber ranch salad dressing for the salads. Our server was very friendly and attentive as well. I enjoy it as a romantic evening. Winds off the ocean can get very chilly...so I always bring a sweater to drape over my shoulders. Will always come back to this place as long as its standing!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The outdoor pool/bar area can become very crowded during the music performances, but does provide some good entertainment !

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Everything we ordered was wonderful and the service was great. We went the night after the 4th of July and were able to be seated fairly quickly and had great service.