i stayed two long summer weekends in 2013 at the windward: once with my family with 3 little kids under 6 and other family with the same age and number of kids and another time again with my family and my mother and brother in law. each time we had 2 rooms right next to each other on the first floor and had a good time. the location is key: very close to the beach, supermarket, local restaurants and show place. the accomodation is very clean and they have updating and renovated the rooms. the bathrooms are just a little small but you can take advantage of the outdoor shower.
we barbaqued one night as well. the owners are very nice, helpful and friendly.
we are considering to go back summer 2014. great for families with kids and needing a little kitchen in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 steps to white sand of LBI, Windward at the Beach in Beach Haven, NJ, exudes a beach/surf vibe. Relax, unwind, rejuvenate - it's the Pure Jersey Shore! Many lodging options, including studios, efficiencies and two room suites with full kitchens - children welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Windward at the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windward At The Beach Hotel Beach Haven
- Windward At The Beach Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven