“Laid back and beautiful”
Review of Long Beach Island

Long Beach Island
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Beach Haven
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Spent summers here in the early 70s. Its still the same. Beautiful beaches.

Its so much different than all the other NJ beach towns. Quaint, laidback and friendly.

3  Thank billyandbobthedog

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Long Beach Island is a beautiful Jersey Shore beach where there is a strong feeling of community, even among the tourists. I have visited LBI every year for as long as I can remember, and it is almost like a second home for me. There is so much to do here, whether you want to be active from dawn to dusk, or just lounge on the beach. I have enjoyed many meals at Chicken Or The Egg, and some of my very best family memories took place on Island Golf, a mini putt-putt course close to Harvey Cedars. From the embarrassment of me falling into the pirate ship moat, to the excitement we feel every time my family wins a free game at the last hole, there is never a dull moment in LBI.
Above all else, my favorite part of LBI is the amazing beaches. At any given time, you are just minutes from the Atlantic coastline. The beaches are wide and the water brisk, perfect for when the heat starts to get to you. I've spent countless hours on the beach, slaving away with my brothers on massive sand castles, constructing our own moats and bridges. The lifeguards are great, and I have had to be rescued several times, after I get over confident in my boogey boarding skills.
Its hard to put into words how much Long Beach Island means to me. It's a place where I get to be with family, without the distractions of my hectic life back home. It's where I get to see my cousins, who live hundreds of miles away. In LBI, I can forget about what's stressing me out, whether it's my friends, sports, or school. LBI is a part of me, and it always will be. Some of the best times of my life have been on that island, from riding rides at Fantasy Island, to going to the water park, and to just sitting around the dinner table, listening to the stories I've heard a thousand times but never seem to get tired of. LBI holds a special place in my heart, and I am excited for the many more good times I am sure to have there in the future.

5  Thank Ellen S
Reviewed January 19, 2014

A part-time resident in the Summer, I am biased but adore everything about LBI. Lots to do and there's nothing better than enjoying the ocean on a hot day or relaxing near the bay with a good book. The eateries are some of the best of the shore.

3  Thank MB1017
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My son and daughter in law got married in Barnegat a few years ago and my husband and I rented a seven bed, seven bath victorian house in Beach Haven for a week prior to the wedding for family and friends. What a wonderful week!!! The beach was just great, the restaurants superb, the rehearsal dinner delicious and fun and all in all a great place to stay. We took the "Black Whale" down to Atlantic city, a fun boat trip. There is a theater in Beach Haven, there are lots of little shops around.

3  Thank susanoc1951
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Lots to do and great shopping for the tourist. A bit pricey, but LBI is also upscale and that is to be expected. You can always rent on the mainland and go to the beach which is minutes away.

3  Thank ConnieS87