“great cute boutiques, both at north and south ends of the strip. Showtime Ice Cream and a show at Surflite. bike rides”
Review of Long Beach Island

Long Beach Island
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Beach Haven
Reviewed October 2, 2012

bike rides, runs, shopping, art fairs several times at lots of places, surf stores, antiques, beachy stuff, historic places too!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Never have had a bad stay! Always go in September during off season and the weather never fails to be incredible. It is a quaint, fun, relaxing place with a fantastic beach!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been going here since I was 6 years old. This place is truly a hidden gem to this day. A perfect vacation destination for families. Many of my fondest memories were made here. The beaches are not too long , not too short. The smell of the surf is strong and the nights are gorgeous with perfect hoodie weather. Some insence and drinks on the 2nd story deck under the stars to cap it off. As you get older I would say not the greatest for teens or younger twenty somethings as many of the establishments refuse to rent to those under 25 and the police are fairly consistent in targeting the rowdy young crowd. This is definatly not another "Atlantic City" or "Wildwood". It has a ton of charm and is one of the most relaxing places I have ever been to, and the authories like to keep it that way. I took my wife here for a few nights and it was and incredible time for us. It was great to come full circle and share the place I grew up with. I walked the same beaches I did when I was 10yrs old and saw the stars again. Awesome, highly suggested for families and couples.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

LBI is what America used to be. Mostly families and more families with more kids than adults on the pristine beach. Big waves too. By 6 pm when most have left the beach almost no litter left behind. We don't bother to lock our rental when hitting the beach. Most renters come back year after year which tells you all you need to know. Lots of restaurants and ice cream shops. Fantasy Island is great for kids.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Jersey girl loves LBI. Charming, great beach, good restaurants, ecletic stores. Loved the vintage shop. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank megtaylor10