Long Beach Island
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Beach Haven
Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you like seeing the ocean from soft sandy beaches, good restaurants, relaxing getaways, then Long Beach Island is the place for you. My wife and I have been vacationing on LBI for over 25 years and, hopefully we will continue to vacation there for another 25 years. We just love it on LBI.

1  Thank wpm60

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great vacation for families. Beach is gorgeous. There are lots of family friendly restaurants, and spend a few hours at the water park, and an evening at Fantasy Island.

1  Thank fivestarNewYork
Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was easy to get to the beach. It's clean and the south end of the island in Holgate is beautiful.

1  Thank Carol Ann Z
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have been going to LBI for over thirty years. It's a place I call home more than any other. As a child, my parents rented on the north side of the island where the house had a small backyard and playground across the street. Fun family events such as the sand castle contest, concerts in local parks and crabbing at the bay kept us busy during our two week stay each August. Today, my husband and I own in Ship Bottom and it's our home away from home. I love our view of the ocean, the fantastic restaurants and the feel of the island as a whole. Everyone is happy to be here because it's the paradise of New Jersey. Some of my old favorites include M&M's, Kelly's, The Boathouse, Jason's Pancake House and of course the famous Chowder Hut. If you're a local you know to come for the day for the sun, surf and a trip to one of the fisheries. If you're from out of town, reserve a night for Beach Haven attractions with the kids. The young ones will love the low key rides at Fantasy Island and the older one's will enjoy an afternoon at the water park. Overall, it's a great place to spend your summer vacation, and in my case your life time.

1  Thank Genine L
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Our favorite beach by far. This beach is a beautiful family beach. No congestion, no loud crazy, dirty boardwalk with over priced wares. Clean family fun. We always go back to Long Beach, where there are actual sea shells at the sea shore and not 3 million people paying to get onto a crappy over crowded beach. Best of all LBI is free and clean. You don't even have to pay to park. Love it!! <3

1  Thank cgrey09