“Our Home Away from Home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
Macungie, Pennsylvania, USA
“Our Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

My wife and I have been going to the Coral Seas since the early 1990s. The owners treat us like family and they remember our aniversary each year. Since we have high pressure careers, we enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the hotel. We love the view of our 3rd floor room. Each year when we go we notice all the updates done to the hotel. There is definitely a pride of ownership. We like coming to the island due to its family feel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LovesLBI

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

The Coral Seas Motel is outdated and dirty. For such an expensive place, I was very disappointed to find that is was a dark, musty room with a very old, uncomfortable bed. While it was right on the beach, finding a parking spot was a constant struggle and the pool was only opened until 6pm. The desk staff was quite rude and did nothing to address issues that were brought to their attention. I will never return to this motel again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunnydays07
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

I've had a house on LBI all my life and I got married there last weekend. The majority of my guests stayed here at my recommendation and everyone loved the proximity to the beach/town and the friendliness of the wonderful staff, namely the owners! I read a couple of unfavorable reviews from another wedding that stayed here and must say they could not be further form the truth. I've lived on the island my whole life and have known many people who have stayed at this motel with nothing but good things to say about it. Unless you are being completely obnoxious/breaking the law, there is no reason why the coral seas staff would ever have words with their guests. This place is great for weddings, families, and romantic getaways. two thumbs up!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelbuggie44
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

I have been coming to the Coral Seas Motel for more than 15 years and I would never stay anywhere else! The friendly hotel staff aims to please. I feel so much at home that the staff tries to give me the same room! Housekeeping keeps the room clean and neat. Hotel is right on the beach, and has a large pool. Resaurant and shops are within walking distance. It is hard to believe recent posts of thefts, as this has NEVER happened to me, nor anyone I know who has stayed here. If you want an ideal vacation spot, the Coral Seas is the place to be!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank jan711
philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

What is there to say but this. Do not stay at this hotel unless you are 80 years old and want to spend $300 to sleep quietly in a dirty bed, do not stay here. On top of this. We were told by management of this hotel that it does not practice the policy that "the customer is always right." In fact we were told "I don't believe in that #$%*." I got married in Long Beach Island and filled their entire hotel up with people for 3 days. They gave all my guests, some from a long distance away nothing but a hard time. little tip: Don't overbook your hotel for a wedding if you don't want a certain level of noise. Its a wedding. Especially if you are such a "family oriented place." If this is the case you should not be booking up for a wedding. An employee came out after us in the street as my new wife and I were trying to leave for our honeymoon, and got in my face, and basically wanted to fight me even though he looked like the wind could blow him over, I asked him to leave us alone and he told me I had a mouth on me. So then I gave him some mouth. Don't stay here unless you want your guests to be harassed and thrown out. In addition, read other posts about others having things stolen and the hotel mgmt refusing to give it back. It's true, this happened to my guests as well. It is run by bad people and the better business bureau is opening a case. Boo Coral Seas, way to ruin a great wedding.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ramblinman1983
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

The Coral Seas Motel is the only business in my lifetime I have encountered worth receiving the dreaded 'Better Business Bureau' letter. Here are a list of my items that were stolen by the housekeeping staff: 1.)Bottle of thermal heat spray ($50.00 at my salon) 2.)Bottle of prescription drugs 3.)Bottle of Champagne 4.)Sunglasses 5.)Pearl Necklace The night manager, Steve, is the most disrespectful person I have ever met. I witnessed him scream in the face of a 55 year old woman. Staff overbooked the hotel so they were running around asking people to leave early for a refund. I wouldn't put my dog up in this dump!

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Erin_frm_the_Meadows
Great Meadows, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

My family & I came to this hotel to celebrate our son's wedding. The family filled up over half of the motel. The first night we were there, the boys were a little loud and from then on we were targeted and the night manager was trying to incite the boys and start trouble every opportunity he got. Some of our guests were asked to leave because they were smoking on the balcony. The owner and the older gentleman in the office named Frank were very rude to my son and my family. I have never been treated so horribly in any place I have ever stayed.
Do not go to this motel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
#4 of 8 in Beach Haven
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township

Been to Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!