“Gem on the beach”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could rate coral seas higher than 5....I'd give them a 10. Service, friendliness, cleanliness and location are out if this world. We will definitely be back. We just loved being able to spend time on the beach then walk a few steps and we were at the pool. It is amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Hezzpw

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed over night for my birthday. Room & grounds were clean, staff very friendly. Everything was within walking distance, which is always nice. Price was comparable to other motels in area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2014

we weren't expecting much when booking this hotel, it looked very old school and lived up to that charm. it's right on the beach - can't ask for much more. free parking.

the rooms are outdated (to be expected). we had 2 full beds, very romantic for us traveling as a couple lol.

there's a pool, it was too cold outside to use, but looked nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandi R
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I were going to attend a wedding in Beach Haven.We researched all the reviews we could.We choosed Coral Seas although the reviews were mixed.It was a great location.The owners were very friendly and accommadating.The room was oceanfront,every morning I sat on the deck to watch the sun rise.Our family got together at the pool to converse.I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Definitely choose an ocean front room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank dooze14
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding in October 2013. Even though the bride and groom blocked off rooms for their guests, the motel actually charged a higher rate per night than their regular price because we didn't meet their 'two night minimum.' I thought that to be a little excessive not only because it was part of a wedding block, but also because it was off-season. When I booked the room, they would not accept a reservation with my credit card....so I had to send in a check via snail mail to hold the room for more than half the cost of what they were charging for the room (that they cashed weeks before the wedding). I've had hotels place a hold on my credit card for a room reservation before, but this was a bit over the top. The room was decent, and as clean as any musty outdated beach motel can be. Bottom line: I would have never put up with their pricing or outdated booking practices for such a sub-par place if it wasn't for the wedding. I don't know that I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank C U
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Coral Seas in September. We were in Beach Haven for a wedding. The location is great, right on the beach and two blocks from the wedding venue. The property could use some updating but it was quiet and the pool was very inviting!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neal C
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting Beach Haven a couple times per year since 2000. We will definitely be adding the Coral Seas to our list of good accommodations.

Room: We stayed in a suite, which was perfectly sized for us and our two small children (3 & 5). The entry room had a living area with pullout couch and adjoining mini-kitchen (dorm fridge, microwave, sink, & table); the bedroom had two double beds + bathroom (shower+tub). Each room had a wall-mounted flat-screen TV with cable; free wifi available. (Note that the TVs have accessible input jacks; next time I would consider bringing a DVD player for the kids instead of our small TV/DVD combo.) The rooms are separated by a sliding wooden door. The third floor suite was bright, with lots of sun coming in from the north and south facing windows. The entry room had a sliding door with screen. Outside it was 4 chairs and small table, overlooking the pool but with a slight view of the ocean. While it wasn't private, there was little foot traffic on the 3rd floor so quite peaceful (except for our own kids -- sorry, everybody, we try!).

Location: The rooms are servicable, though not spectacular. The real selling point here is the location. It is just steps from the beach, and only a short walk from the heart of Beach Haven restaurants (i.e. Chicken and the Egg is only minutes away by foot). The beach trips with the kids were neat and tidy, with a nice clean-up station available.

Clientele: As mentioned, we were traveling as 2 parents + 2 small kids. And we weren't alone. By my nosy estimate, there were at least 3 other families with young kids. The rest of the clientele was predominantly an older crowd. I did not notice any 20-somethings; nobody would mistake this for a cool young scene. This may have been due to the mid-September dates, but I suspect this is the atmosphere they cultivate. Overall pretty quiet, laid back, and mellow. Quiet enough that I was well aware when my kids were getting too noisy.

Other: A motel pool is not something I usually care about, but in this case it was clearly a positive attribute of the Coral Seas. It has a nice shallow section for the kids, and turned out to be a winner with the family. They close the pool near dusk, so it does not turn into a party scene at night.

Overall: We've stayed at a number of Beach Haven locations, as our own travel needs have changed through the years. Where we are now with the small kids, the Coral Seas is a great option. (I still pine for the hot-tub room at the Engleside, but maybe another year...)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!