Stayed here for a wedding in October 2013. Even though the bride and groom blocked off rooms for their guests, the motel actually charged a higher rate per night than their regular price because we didn't meet their 'two night minimum.' I thought that to be a little excessive not only because it was part of a wedding block, but also because it was off-season. When I booked the room, they would not accept a reservation with my credit card....so I had to send in a check via snail mail to hold the room for more than half the cost of what they were charging for the room (that they cashed weeks before the wedding). I've had hotels place a hold on my credit card for a room reservation before, but this was a bit over the top. The room was decent, and as clean as any musty outdated beach motel can be. Bottom line: I would have never put up with their pricing or outdated booking practices for such a sub-par place if it wasn't for the wedding. I don't know that I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are oceanfront in the heart of Beach Haven. Our oceanfront rooms each have a private balcony. Our standard rooms and suites overlook the pool. We are a quiet, family and couples oriented motel. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Coral Seas Oceanfront Hotel Beach Haven
- Hotel Coral Seas Oceanfront
- Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven