“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and I went to the Engleside on August 24 and have nothing but positive things to say. We had made a reservation at 8:00 and were seated as soon as we arrived. We started with salads (try the sesame ginger dressing - its delicious!). I ordered the Steak Leeward which was perfectly cooked and absolutely fantastic. My mom and uncle ordered the panko sea scallops and my dad and aunt ordered the miso sake Chilean sea bass.. Again both delicious dishes! If you are in the area and are looking for a nice night out, go to the Engleside Inn and I promise you will not be disappointed.

By the way, they have a HUGE sushi selection full of fresh seafood.

1  Thank danc89
There are newer reviews for Restaurant at Engleside Inn

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We recently had dinner here two nights in a row! The food and service is excellent. Good seafood but the Prime Rib is outstanding! Highly recommend this great restaurant.

2  Thank JMCS817
Reviewed August 19, 2012

There are 3 restaurants here. We went to the outdoor Sand Bar. They have a wide selection of tropical and frozen drinks plus interesting and delicious food. Service was great. Unfortunately we went on the one day the flies were out near the beach so they were biting our feet. And although it is ocean front, you can't actually see the ocean. You can see the dunes and hear it, however. We'll definitely go back if we are on LBI.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was a very nice restaurant. I had a delicious margarita, calamari appetizer (YUMMY), a salad, and the panko scallops. The scallops were so delicious, I wanted to eat there again the following night. Its almost worth the 5 hour drive to LBI just to go to this restaurant! Plan to spend around $45-50 per person if you get a drink and appetizer.

2  Thank kml71604
Reviewed July 23, 2012

When i read a review I always want to ask the question of the reviewer ,"Are you heavy." While i am sure thin people too like food ,no one loves food like a chubby person.In case you are now wondering if i am chubby ,when I swim on LBI the lifeguards make me wear a T shirt that has in bold print"DO NOT HARPOON"..We my wife must have though i was going to die because she offered to take me to the Engleside.which is a bit pricy,but not for the quality you are getting.So many people want fresh quality food and they want to pay Dollar store prices. It is not going to happen folks,you get what you pay for.
I had the Lobster Bisque.You could taste the muted Sherry wine along with the creamy blend of spices and chunks of lobster.I love good quality butter and had a hot steaming roll with a sweet pat of butter to accompany my bisque.
I ordered the panco encrusted scallops.The scallops were the size of a ping pong ball.and so fresh and full of flavor.My wife ordered the flounder Franchaise which was over a bed of fresh spinich.personally i would of preferred a bed of cappolini,but i do not run the Engleside.But it was fresh and wonderful.The place was jammed so our potato came after we finished dinner.But no big deal,a potato does not make the meal and who needs the carbs?
In short this is not the Olive Garden.So be prepared to pay about $70 for a great meal for two.But if you are dating you will make a great hit by taking your squeeze to this restaurant.Shows you are a spender not a cheap skate.

4  Thank keyasset